Shared with a co-worker today

It went really well, I kinda think he thinks I’m way different than most sz . Maybe more fortunate than most. But I told him I was pretty bad at one time. His aunt is sz and has never done well. They have lost contact. But it gives me hope to maybe share with more people. Because it went so well.

4 Likes

It’s good that he had some experience with SZ. I think that helps people not to stigmatize us.

1 Like

Well I think he was shocked at how well I was because his aunt is in such bad shape. She’s the only sz he’s met. But he’s a good person so that helps. So this is the seventh co worker I’ve shared with. I haven’t got any negative response yet. Who knows what they say behind my back . But whatever ,. I don’t hear it, it doesn’t effect things at work so far.

1 Like

Good for you, having the courage to share like that.

I don’t have to worry about sharing with my coworkers since my breakdown was so spectacular I’m sure they all know.

1 Like

My breakdown was terrible I burned that bridge with that job big time. Ended going back to a previous employer and have been there 17 years and 2 relapses

1 Like

Sounds like a great job and a great employer. I’m glad they stuck with you through tough times.

1 Like

I never did tell my employer about my sz. However I had two hospitalizations that kept me away from work for 6-8 weeks. They asked I said stress and it’s private. But it’s a big company I don’t deal with the owner.

1 Like

Wow sounds like they’ve got some great leave time for employees. Definitely a good company. :slight_smile:

It’s so good to hear that you can work. So many people with SZ have trouble working - that’s just great, positive news.

Sometimes I feel like I can’t work but I do it anyway and find out, guess what, I can. We don’t have to let SZ set our “parameters.”

1 Like

What kind of work do you do?

My husband and inlaws own a farm and I do office work. I just did the acreage report for the FSA. I do field boundaries (shapefiles) and prescription maps for planting. But now I’m back to doing the office manager job because my husband fired her today. So I will be doing payroll, HR, bill pay, deposits, credit applications… that sort of thing.

1 Like

I shared with one coworker and soon the whole building knew of my diagnosis.
They treated me as if I were a child ever since.
Not good.

Sorry to hear that. But yeah I kinda assume they talk.

1 Like