Screwed up and didn't get my shot

When I left the house I left my shot. Didn’t realize until i was already at the clinic. So now I have to wait until Monday if I even have the gas. Can’t call Medicaid transportation because you need 3 day advance.

1 Like

Oh man,

I’m sorry.

Hope your able to get your shot soon.

Any chance it can be administered by a pharmacist?

My mom has shots done by hers.

I don’t know,

It might just be better to wait until Monday or Tuesday, depending on transportation.

1 Like

My husband does his own shots. Can someone talk you through it?

1 Like

@anon54386108 No, not here.

@CoCo I would give it to myself but itis law that a doctor or nurse do it here.

2 Likes

Could you go to the ER. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

No. I’ m just going to wait. I have risperdone tp get me through

1 Like

Bummer! I hope your car makes it to your appointment

2 Likes

@anon4362788 how are you holding up?

I never knew that in the US, you actually had your depot delivered to your door!?? Am i right? Mine are kept under lock and key at the CMHT.

1 Like

They have something called the ACT team

Oh i see - never heard of that , will Google it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I know about it because my nurse used to work for them

1 Like

Sounds a bit like the AOT (Assertive Outreach Team) you have over here in UK. Tho you only usually see them if your in “crises” or relapsed. Most of the time for me i just ring a Social Worker.

1 Like

Even if you aren’t signed up to be in the ACT team, they can still help if you call crisis. I did like 2-3 years ago and they drove a far distance to come to my house late at night and I stood outside in the rain going through all these coping skills because my mom was like anti EVERYTHING she didn’t want people in her house, and she said if I was having issues, deal with it outside

1 Like

Wow - you mum does not sound very supportive. My mother used to sit in a chair all night by my bed when i was psychotic, and made sure i didnt OD on the meds. You can call a crisis team here - but it consists of a 20 minute phone call once a day, and your left to get on with it, they are notorious for having no staff on call.

1 Like

She wasn’t that understanding, now I pay her internet bill so she has to be nice haha. She tries to find a middle ground in our arguments after I moved out. I don’t think she realized how much she would miss me. In the beginning of my illness, when I was 16, all I wanted to do was sleep on her floor, because I was afraid of everything going on. I wanted comfort, but I learned to tough it out. She had her own demons

My staff gets back to me within the hour

1 Like

My mother never used to be that undertstanding at first. She always said i was putting it on and attention seeking. She used to throw me out the house “to go for a walk” when i was heavily paranoid - which didnt help. It took me showing her a clinic letter with my diagnosis of Sz on for her to finally undertstand - and cut me some slack.

I always wanted to run back to mum too when i was in my thirtys - but i finally managed to stand on my own 2 feet in the end.

I live some miles away from her now - and havent actually seen her for over a year, but we phone each other several times a day.

If i phone duty staff here - it can be hit and miss - sometimes they wont call till following day - so if im desparate i turn up in person and hassle reception if i need support that badly.

I share the internet with my nieghbour now - we just pay half each, i use it far more than she does. But its a cheaper alternative. :slight_smile:

Sorry @anon4362788, didnt mean to hijack your thread!

1 Like

Lol yeah sorry @anon4362788. @Naarai when I started hearing voices in high school, a friend had a few choice words like “you’re constantly living in paranoia and denial, no one in our school likes you. So treat me with respect you mental scu m.” I still have the text on my old phone from 10yrs ago. I had to deal with a lot of unsupportive people, I’m happy I broke free from it.

It’s a shame your mom distant herself away from you, but good you’re able to live without her help.

1 Like

@Winterblues

No its better we communicate just by phone - when ive stayed over we always wind each other up and row lol. She likes to take control, and i get resentful. We get on just fine - just via telephone, i dont like her in my flat either - cos she will just moan and call me a lazy sod for having a messy flat lol.

1 Like

I was supposed to get mine on Friday and the stupid pharmacy didn’t have it in …so I’m having it today. I feel fine though.

2 Likes