Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective disorder

I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder years ago, put on medication, and it made things worse. I’m off it now, and have been for a while. My last doctor visit, the doctor said she wasn’t sure if it was Schizoaffective Disorder or Schizophrenia. She was leaning toward the former but didn’t know for sure if my depression was part of it or situational

I think the same medicines are used for both. I tried a lot of different medication before finding one that helps just a little bit.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the D’x. Your lived experience is unique, and the symptoms caused by life that need addressing are just encompassed by these particular labels as an umbrella term for being unhinged without taking major tranquillisers. It sucks, but focus less on the D’x and try to deal with what effects you.

I have found less and less that the internet is helpful - this site is just about an acceptation in my view. The only way to beat this is to try and negotiate through life with the help of your doctor and anyone else in your life.

Just try to be open and talk about things. Not doing so can lead to a poor outcome - keeping things to yourself is damaging.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.