Say Anything XC 🌵

so my aunt and uncle stopped by yesterday evening. it was their 65th wedding anniversary. they are both in their mid 80’s. but in good health. my uncle still golfs once or twice a week. and he’s good. he had a relative, who was on the pga tour. it must be genetic or something. i want to ask him if he’s part native american, but have never asked him, i asked dad and he said maybe his mom was 1/2 or a 1/4 native american. he always has dark skin and looks a bit like he’s native american. culturally he’s christian conservative. he used to have a bumper sticker on his truck, that read, i dont trust the liberal media, haha.

3 Likes

yeah this place is good enough for me, i will probably fix it up some if i stay here, new kitchen, new bathroom, maybe a screened in porch in the back. i just need a life, so that i enjoy my time here.

it won’t have much resale value though. which is one downside.

mom and dad are wanting to keep their new place in the family. im hoping one of my sisters moves in there, so i won’t feel the need to move somewhere.

growing up we had a nice property. it was a solid middle class house, and we put in a basketball court, because we had a big yard that i hated to mow, it sold for about 200k, a few years ago. trailer living is new to me, been here about 3 or 4 years now, it was nice when mom and dad lived with me. that kept me entertained, but now i get lonely sometimes.

mom and dad put in new flooring in here, and redid one of the bathrooms already, but then they decided they wanted to build a new house.

1 Like

I hope there won’t be race wars in this country. We need MLK jr about right now. He and the people of all colors who joined him in the civil rights movement wouldn’t stand for this.

2 Likes

That would be the best friggin job ever!! You should check out The Family on Netflix. @ThePickinSkunk too might be interested too.

It’s got a religious theme so I can’t discuss it here. It’s about a cult which infiltrates the USA government and affects government policies. That’s all I’m sayin.

2 Likes

My dad has a dark complexion. Supposedly we’re all part NA but it doesn’t show up in our dna though some even on this forum have told me that NA dna rarely shows on those tests.

4 Likes

yeah i have heard that about dna tests. i did some reading about native americans when i was in my 20’s. i read about the iroquois confederacy and tecumseh, a warrior chief who was native to this region. i think around here, there was miami and shawnee, and a little potawatomi in the ohio river region.

i used to fantasize about moving to a reservation and living there. i had this wild idea to go assimilate with the blackfoot indians in montana. i did some reading on wikipedia on native american religion and a lot of it prophesizes the vanishing of the white man. haha. so it didn’t seem appropriate for me to live on a reservation. i felt like i would be encroaching and unwanted.

i also had a book about native american herbal medicine, with uses of different native plants, that was a little too in depth for me to read. it was a serious, researched book.

4 Likes

I might play some WoW today. Not sure. See how I feel on my new med which I plan on taking in 1 hour after lunch.

2 Likes

I’ve been to the Cherokee Indian reservation in NC. They were very nice to me and my irish (very white) ex husband. The reservation in Cherokee, NC had a motel, a drug store, restaurants and lots of souvenir shops.

3 Likes

Won’t spoil it.

cool. i remember when i was in glacier national park in montana. they were selling blackfoot t-shirts. it read something like, “homeland security since 1492”. but can’t remember the exact wording. sometimes i wish i would have lived in the early days of the country, at lot of scottish or scots-irish mixed with native americans. in canada they created their own race called the metis, i think.

2 Likes

pizza time. not buying any more food this month. will wait until i get back from vacation to restock the shelves. i only saved $100 bucks this month. smoking costs me.

3 Likes

I’m making channa Masala for to eat tomorrow. It smells delicious in here.

8 Likes

Gorgeous!
Love it!:slightly_smiling_face::two_hearts:

2 Likes

It’s hard to choose my best pics from tonight at the park

9 Likes

Wow what a beautiful place to go walking

3 Likes

There is a curry called an xcuti chicken. There is literally no better curry in the world.

3 Likes

What type of filters are you using on that?

1 Like

dad had the propane come by… it’s cheaper to buy it in the summer. won’t need it until winter, but my tank is full. he came by while i was over at mom and dad’s so i missed him. he left the bill on the door.

a few more hours and another day will be in the books. i wonder how long i’ll be awake tonight, i slept a good 10 or more hours last night. didn’t wake up until 11am. usually i need to be awake for at least 14 hours before i can even think about going to sleep.

1 Like

I know you guys might be offended by my behaviour here lately. I admit I have been harsh, but I don’t condone my behaviour. People seem pretty complacent on the miserable.

Tennessee looks nice. No state income tax. Affordable.

2 Likes