Say anything P is for Pineapple express

Really? I do not know what it is? Could you translate IPS to the original Dutch term? Or do they use the English one?

4 Likes

They use it in English. But I think in Dutch it’s called ‘-Individuele Plaatsing en Steun’

It means that they immediately want you to start working and then support you in keeping the job instead of doing a long preparatory trajectory.

It’s supposed to get better results.

4 Likes

Ah okay. I have no idea really. When they screened me for disability first time…I was in the isolation room of a ward, mute and catatonic. I convinced them so well, of my incapability to ever work again. That they never encouraged me to seek a job anymore. Or hardly ever want to speak to me. :grimacing: I’m in their “hopeless, leave them alone” category. I suspect.

I found the jobcoach on my own, through a book she wrote. Then she called the UWV (uitkeringsinstantie, how does that translate?). I have no idea what they want for me. I just…always decide what I myself want, and then try make them do it. :innocent: I think I want to sort out with the jobcoach what I can/cannot do first…for a very short time…then get back to work.

3 Likes

À year or two ago I was cancelling all my subscriptions to save money. the only one I reinstalled was Apple Music because I really need it as I listen to music all day long.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to be in the same position. Reorganise my direct debits to minimal, and only to my true interests so that i can build a good lifestyle/routine.

Like i say in recent posts, im actively coming to terms with the fact that i wont return to work.

Im the same with music too haha :smile:

3 Likes

In Belgium it’s complex because you have various organizations that can award disability money.

I get called every couple of years to meet up with a doctor for a review (which isn’t a lot). I think once you’ve had psychoses they consider it hard for you to get back to work.

3 Likes

Hey @applekidd, do you know what to do to come to terms with the no-work thing? Is there anything that is possible for you? Volunteering, hobby?

Yes, I think so. I had a diagnosis of sz before. I think that kind of convinces people working is not an option. I’m a little stubborn though…and want to see what is still possible for me. If nothing, or simple volunteering, or freelance work…that’s fine too. But I want to research my options. I have 25 more “work years” to go. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wish you the best of luck. I’m even a little bit upbeat about all your positive energy to work towards something. I hope the job coach can help you to get there.

2 Likes

For me it is my hobby. Reading. Ive accepted that if i cant work, i have to stop thinking about it as a possibility and all the stress that entails.

By reading, i can still think about my favourite subjects and feel mentally engaged with my thoughts to stop relapse.

Financially, as i am on benefits, i am just going to have to accept that i have a limited pool of monetary resources till a new medication/treatment arrives.

Acceptance has not been easy for me. But its a decision that has to be taken if the same goals are being failed to be met eg, holding a job.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m really not sure what is possible…I have also thought about freelance type jobs…where I can work more or less depending on my health state of that moment. Hope the coach has a few bright ideas.

2 Likes

Hey there. Acceptance is not my biggest strength exactly, I always search for new possibilities. So I understand it is a struggle.

But I think it is nice to find activities you love, like reading. There’s a whole lot to discover. And not working has nothing to do with your worth as a person. What kind of books do you like?

(Will take a bit longer to answer maybe…cleaning up the place a bit, before kid comes).

2 Likes

It’s the same for me, so I understand. I just cant accept the struggle with risking my current situation anymore and that was a deciding factor.

My interests lie in economics and finance, things like economies and business news. I grew up with an interest in physics and technology. So i may also collect books and read them on those subjects too, but maybe when my reading skills have improved.

Not to worry, i understand and dont mind waiting! I hope your day is a good one

Edit: im gonna go head to sainsburys and get myself a box of smokes. Somethings habits die hard :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, sure, I think it is only wise if you know what is good for you!

I haven’t worked for ages, for the exact same reason. Will try again, but keeping my boundaries in mind.

Nice that you know what to read about. I think physics are interesting. My kid likes economy and finances a lot, like you…he wants me to get the financial newspaper. Hope you find some interesting topics.

Ah. Good (or actually not so good… looks reprimanding :p). Nah…I have no idea what sainsburys is…but good to go out for a bit…and hope you enjoy the smokes. I will finally go clean and get off the internet (some habits… :innocent:)

2 Likes

Lucky #34!

Asdfg

2 Likes

Pluis (rabbit) lived with my dad for a while. He will move back today. As kid is here more often again now.

#35 is luckier! :slight_smile: @77nick77

2 Likes

OK, you win, lol.

3 Likes

Haha. Great. I like winning. Though I’m not exactly sure this time, what I won.

2 Likes

Good morning folks!
It’s 3:20a.m. here and I’ve been up for about an hour. What is Pineapple Express?
Think it’s supposed to be nice today. I have to throw out some chicken, it’s been sitting in the refrigerator for a week.
I’m happy I have gotten my living room clean and tidy. I especially love the recliner that I was given yesterday. It’s very comfy
Religious ed class today, nothing else planned. Hope that you are having a great day!
Peace!

5 Likes

I don’t know how it’s linked to music but when I Googled it I got the following:

Pineapple Express was the name for a weather phenomenon wherein wind picks up moisture from the Hawaiian Islands and ferries it over to the western coasts of the United States.

4 Likes

My apologies I thought it was a kid movie turns out a Seth Rogan movie. Pineapple express my bad.

4 Likes