Yo Yo :smiley: 1515151515

3 Likes

Thank you @Turtle43 !!

4 Likes

Hey yallll just here for the partaaaaaay :partying_face:

cat-straw-hat-holds-whole-260nw-1274206738~2

10 Likes

Good morning everyone!

I’m doing alright. My feet hurt a bit so don’t know if I’ll go for a long walk. I will discuss it with my movement coach on Tuesday. Maybe I have to go to the doctor. Will exercise on my bike instead.

Besides that I enrolled for a Spanish course starting in September. Face to Face. Still a while.

I also visited my mom and sister yesterday evening. We had pancakes and chatted a bit.

That’s all.

9 Likes

Good morning! You too are awake early! I know you have “my” time. :slight_smile:

Sounds like a fun evening with mum and sis.

I love how you found yourself a Spanish course. Do you officially not start the master’s degree? Spanish sounds like a nice alternative.

Do get advice on the feet…hope it improves soon.

7 Likes

We’ll see if I change my mind. But currently I’m thinking that a Spanish course will better match my future plans and most importantly is way cheaper than doing a Masters I don’t really need.

But I’m working it will work out either way.

How are your conversations going with your job coach?

And yes, I like the early morning hours! I go to bed early.

7 Likes

Nineth 151515151515

3 Likes

I have emailed the organisation I was volunteering for.

Since I no longer require my CV for employment purposes I think it best to withdraw from the volunteering.

As for the further studies. I’ll only do it if I’m certain it wont affect benefits. I have till September to make an informed decision.

I’m currently thinking of subscribing to the Financial Times but it’s expensive. I’ve saved £15 so far by smoking less, if i could save another £10, I would subscribe. My other option is to disconnect my broadband which I was already intending to do so. This would free up the correct amount.

4 Likes

I was reading a Belgian Financial Newspaper. But the digital subscription was 38.5€/ month and so I found it to be too expensive.

Now I only read the headlines which is free :grinning:

Maybe you can buy a single newspaper whenever you really want to read it. That will cost less than a subscription.

3 Likes

Financial Times is similar. £30/£35 per month. They musf charge such high fees just because the demand is there. I kind of wish my hobby/interest stayed as science/physics because then i would just read about that. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It’s because that the people who read financial newspapers are usually investors and have money :grinning: They can charge.

3 Likes

Hey there. It seems like a good and realistic plan. Nice idea. And something you may be able to use.

Jobcoach and I are waiting now…we need the UWV (organization who decides about people on disability subsidy). I will get an invitation. Hopefully soon. And they have to decide to finance the conversations with her. And lead me back to work.

I did have a chat with someone here. He owns a little “lunchbar” serving fries and a few other dishes…and guides people with a distance from the labour market back to work. It’s a cool guy, another girl working there fulltime is nice too, and it may be a good place to get started. I’m invited for a second talk, after the UWV finally decided what they are willing to do. (Sigh).

Good that you remind me. They are taking their time. I should remind them.

5 Likes

Yup. I’ve cut my xbox online subscription and might have to cut my netflix subscription. I wish i never signed up for my phone subscription when i was ill. Its a huge sum. Roughly £54. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

It’s great that you’re taking action.

I know that it can take a long time (months) in Belgium to get anything approved that costs social security money.

You sound like you have energy which is vital for work.

Good luck with it all!

3 Likes

How long are you still stuck on the subscription?

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes, these things take time. This may be faster though…because it may lead to work…thus them paying me less.

I have energy, but it fluctuates. My stability does too. I have periods when I can work. And periods that are tougher. That’s a bit of a challenge. “I feel good, I can work” and then “oh, this week I feel like crap, I can’t work, sorry” doesn’t go well in a normal work environment. :slight_smile: So I need to be creative with this.

I do seem to have more issues with “self-motivated” tasks (e.g. my own dishes) as opposed to things that have an external motivation (e.g. an appointment to come to a job to do the dishes there and someone getting pissed off if I’m not there).

5 Likes

Is this job coach within the IPS (Individual Placement and Support) framework?

I did that and my coach said it came from The Netherlands (and initially the US).

6 Likes

StartedMay 2022, so it has just reached halfway point. One more year to go. Gutting. Because it means a long wait. I dont want to cancel spotify either. So it’s a tricky funding situation. :melting_face:

3 Likes