Say Anything LXVII šŸ‘½

I see the doctor about the lump on my leg today and Iā€™m starting to feel ridiculous. Like, itā€™s probably something super dumb that the doctor is going to laugh at me for.

Heā€™s just a pea brained bird. If I accidentally get too close he thinks Iā€™m invading his territory. Heā€™s too stupid. He doesnā€™t know Iā€™m not a threat. Iā€™ve knocked that little ā– ā– ā– ā–  in the head b4 and he still comes after me.

2 Likes

@Loke stop, Iā€™m gonna die of laughter here

:sob:

1 Like

Good morning all you beautiful people!

Iā€™ve been watching a lot of videos and reading about the dark side of the film industry.

I donā€™t think I want to be a ā€œdirectorā€ or make feature films anymore. The film industry is just not for me.

Maybe Iā€™m discouraged by all the terrible things I read and hear?

Anyways, Iā€™m happy just considering myself an experimental filmmaker and making nice little short films.

I hope you all are well.

:hugs:

9 Likes

I didnā€™t know the film industry had a dark side. Go figure. Is that why you donā€™t want to make films now?

1 Like

Oh, yes. The film industry is basically a business. And itā€™s probably the absolute most worse business to work in.

I mean, other businesses sort of make sense to work in. Bio-medical, non-profit etc. Those businesses have a sense of ethics. Ethics are something that totally evades the film industry.

I still want to make little shorts, and maybe a feature length documentary.

But I donā€™t expect to make lots of money. And I never want to be famous.

5 Likes

I think youā€™re being wise.

The industry just wants to make money, chew up and spit out artists for the sake of making a buck.

Retaining integrity and not falling victim to Hollywood magic.

I believe your focusing on the bad side a bit.

As an Independent artist you can work outside the rules of big film. Youā€™re able to retain a lot, but youā€™re limited to what you can do.

I also believe in your passion and think itā€™s a great project for you. Youā€™re being wise in seeing the industry as a whole, good and bad. I believe you can set anything you put your mind to, and if you want to make your film, youā€™ve got a llama whoā€™s rooting for you

4 Likes

Thank you my Llama buddy!

Iā€™ve got a ton of reading to catch up on.

I started a directing actors book earlier this morning. And my cameraā€™s manual is practically like a novella haha!

3 Likes

Good morning, yā€™all! Iā€™m a bit tired, didnā€™t get as much sleep as I would have liked, but the coffee should take care of that.

I hope you all are feeling well today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

1 Like

I hate this disease, I wandering off in my head, and for a few seconds I planeshifted.

I was in a wheelchair, Unable to move my arms and legs well, I felt old. A woman was walking towards me.

I came back after that, snapped out of it I guess. It wasnā€™t as bad as my planeshifting to hell, just weird.

My first instinct is to fall back on my old beliefs. Need to remind myself that Iā€™m just sick, and these things arenā€™t real.

A denialism of an unhealthy though, followed by a replacement tool, retraining yourself. Basis of CBT isnā€™t it?

Wishing everyone a good day

4 Likes

Hey my Llama buddy!

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having a tough day. Iā€™m sort of having a rough go of it also. My main voice I hear is sort of acting up, along with my paranoia.

But I think what you describe as CBT is fairly accurate, but Iā€™m not too educated on CBT.

Stay strong my friend. Weā€™ll be okay!

2 Likes

solidarity

Iā€™m good, I can handle a vision or two. This llama is strong! Just gotta use my tool. Itā€™s cause Iā€™m alone today, I do better with someone here. itā€™s strange

I know youā€™re strong too! Sorry about your voice, and the paranoia. I hope it backs off.

Anything I can do to help?

1 Like

I feel ya my dude. I often do better when I am around people too.

Oh, I canā€™t think of anything I need. Just good old friendship and people to chat with.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

My mom was a redhead. I think Iā€™ve seen her angry like 3 times my whole life. She just didnā€™t get mad.

1 Like

Hiya all. Quietly reading the threads to catch up. Slipped disc in me back is playing up again - so i stink of deep heat and done nothing but lie on the sofa lol. Gonna bribe the neighbour i think to run the hoover round and tidy up.

Heads been totally silent today - so thats a bonus, but im still gonna keep my meds increased, to be on the safe side.

Loving the meme thread on here - your making me laugh too much and its twinging my back! lol.

Just wanted to say hello :smiley: And thanks for supporting me - with my wobble yesterday. Cheers x

6 Likes

I thank the gods for finding this forum, Itā€™s a huge support system and Iā€™ve gotten to meet cool people like you.

We stick together.

You guys are always close when I need to talk and process, I use my phone, and always have that.

Good chatting with you beetles buddy, Iā€™m gonna go try to focus on a video game and distract.

3 Likes

Yā€™all know that if you boil your teabag in a big pot of water for like 5 minutes you only need 1 teabag for a whole big pot? The trick is boiling

2 Likes

I need to get in the bathroom, need to shave, shower and brush my teeth, but I keep putting it off. If Iā€™m going to meet my goal of being out of here by 12:30 (45 minutes from now) I need to get moving soon. The only reason I want to leave here that early is to get to campus before the heavier traffic starts, around 2:00 with some of the factoriesā€™ first shift ending at 2:00 or 2:30.

1 Like

Iā€™m hanging out with a friend who is usually concerned for my wellbeing. I donā€™t know if I should tell them about my depression and the everlasting urge to self-harm, or if I should shelter them from the worry

2 Likes