Revision of Rock-Paper-Scissors

One girl with blond hair and one girl with red hair are playing rock-paper-scissors
and I am playing their teacher,
hands reaching out to each other, hands kept silent and in awe of what
they find in each palm, and me telling them there was once a family of 3 inside the heart and mind of a writer, paper chain letters that belonged
to the man,
paper birds that belonged to the woman, and paper dolls that belonged to the child, and to be kept from blowing away they
were covered by a caveman-like rock, and so the blond girl’s rock wins
that game, but they play again and I continue telling them that the caveman-like
rock said he was exposed so the paper things said we will cover you and
so the red-haired girl’s paper wins that game, and I continue telling them that there was
once scissors-legged animals and they were child’s scissors that belonged to the child, and shears that belonged to the woman, and also hedge clippers that belonged to the man,
and each one would say I’m dull, I’m so dull, so each one would
sharpen itself on the rock and so the blond girl’s scissors wins that game and I continue telling
them that the scissors-legged animals cut through the paper letters making a hole to see out of the man’s chain letters, cutting
the wings of the origami birds so that they go the distance for the woman, cutting the paper dolls dresses to make them mini and mighty for the child to stand up to bullies, and so blond girl’s scissors wins that game, and I say one day the caveman-like rock became angry and he smashed the scissors-legged
animals and so the red-haired girl’s rock wins that game and I tell them that the rock was a boulder for the man,
and a pebble for the child, and stress stone for rubbing for the woman, it’s the rock that you must roll up the hill, it’s
always the pebble in your shoe, and it’s the one you rub to get calm, and that is when both
girls tie at that game with two rocks but wait there was a third girl who just joined the game
who had brown braids and she had a rock too and then I said now you know like the song says to be a rock and not to roll.

2 Likes

You’re a very talented writer @Daze.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.