Restlessness on Haldol

I was doing great for 6 years on 0.5mg of Haldol per day. I recently started feeling bad and
disorganized so I moved up to 2mg per day. I started to get bad side effects at 2mg including
not being able to sit still. I went to see a Psych here in Thailand (where I’ve been living for a few years)
and she gave me Valium and 2 other medicines (propandol and trihexyphenidyl) to take away the
side effects. She said stop taking Haldol for a week and then come see me.

Maybe she wants to try another medicine but I’m scared to try another medicine. Haldol worked
so well and now it doesn’t.

Thanks

I know what you mean, I get really tight muscles on it as a side effect and I am restless I have a hard time sleeping but it works really well on the sz so I don’t know what to do because the side effects suck.

You should probably ask your doctor if there is anyway of reducing side effects.

For side effects cogentin works on haldol

Valium is helping me now, She just gave me some today. Can finally relax!

I’m on haldol and whenever I increased my dose I would get restless for a couple weeks, but then I got used to it and the restlessness went away.

What dose are you on? I can barely stand just 2.5mg per day.

I got bad akathisia when I took 5-10mg of Haldol a day and had to stop it…now, if I have to have it (as in involuntary medication thru a needle) I have to take propanolol and Benadryl with it, those really help.

I’m on 16mg oral/day and also have the 100mg/ml shot.

When I first ended up in the hospital about ten years ago they gave me haldol. I took it for about a month. I got terrible akathesia from it.

This valium the doc gave me sure is helping me to ■■■■■■■ relax. It’s about time!

I also had the same side effects at 30mg of haldol and had to switch off to a different med.