Individuals with Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder are needed for Research Study at Northwestern University (Chicago campus)
What is the Purpose of this Research?
This research investigates whether a novel medication can improve learning and memory in healthy adults and those with psychiatric illness.
Who is eligible?
• Ages 18 – 40 years
• Diagnosis of Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder
• No change in pharmacological treatment or psychiatric hospitalization in the past month
What procedures are involved?
Eligible participants will come three visits over a one to two-week period. Participants will undergo the following procedures:
• Clinical Interview
• Medical Examination
• One time injection of either placebo or active treatment
• Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
• Learning and Memory Tasks
There is no cost to participate in this study.
Compensation for time and travel is provided.
For more information, call (312)-503-9094
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Feinberg School of Medicine