Schizophrenia.com

Research Participation

Individuals with Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder are needed for Research Study at Northwestern University (Chicago campus)

What is the Purpose of this Research?
This research investigates whether a novel medication can improve learning and memory in healthy adults and those with psychiatric illness.

Who is eligible?
• Ages 18 – 40 years
• Diagnosis of Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder
• No change in pharmacological treatment or psychiatric hospitalization in the past month

What procedures are involved?
Eligible participants will come three visits over a one to two-week period. Participants will undergo the following procedures:
• Clinical Interview
• Medical Examination
• One time injection of either placebo or active treatment
• Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
• Learning and Memory Tasks

There is no cost to participate in this study.

Compensation for time and travel is provided.

For more information, call (312)-503-9094

Northwestern University
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Feinberg School of Medicine
Chicago, IL

6 Likes

I don’t know about you, but a one time injection of a cognitive enhancer doesn’t seem pharmacologically sound. It is probably another long-acting anti-psychotic that “improves mood” but really blunts all neurotransmitters.

Is that the correct phone number?

http://psychiatry.northwestern.edu/research/clinical-trials/index.html

The website indicates that the number you posted goes to a different study: Caregiver Health

I wonder what substance they are testing.

Yes, that is the correct phone number.

GLYX-13 is the study medication.

1 Like

We have several studies going on in the Department of Psychiatry. The contact person for this study is also working on other studies, which may be the cause for confusion.

I think this sounds very interesting and would love to participate but unfortunately, I’m too old and live too far away.