Purpose of life

Great composition. Nice finger-picking

1 Like

There is no purpose. And the sooner your realise that the freer you shall be. Look into nihilism if you haven’t before. We are all just animals with stronger sentience and intelligence than other beings. But our purpose is no different to smaller animals. We exist. There is no reason why we exist.

There are lots of people in the world that will try and sell you that “life is about X”. X could be money, X could be family, X could be god, etc. But for me its all BS. You can do anything you want with your life. You could make your life about consuming jelly beans if you wanted, and you if it made you genuinely happy I don’t see what would be so bad about that.

The important thing is to find things that make you happy, whole and feeling positive about yourself and do them as much as you can. Its harder for us due to low motivation and cognitive issues, but I think if you want a purpose in life its to enjoy yourself and to find peace of mind.

Of course if you can cause less suffering in the world, then that is a good objective too. But that’s a lot more difficult to accomplish.

Life’s meaning is yours to set. If you want something, go and get it.

4 Likes

Thank you @Cragger .thats mean a lot.

1 Like

Very pleasant to the ear! I especially loved the last half of the piece. Beautiful.

1 Like

thanks @SkinnyMe .thank you very much. :grinning:

1 Like

i just want to get a pair of socks after i wash them, :frowning: bloody sock monsters :imp:

1 Like

Here’s one of my purposes: To live one day at a time (sometimes it is like one hour at a time), and just cope and try to be happy. I also put together one week at a time.

1 Like

I think that there is no purpose of life.

1 Like

Tbh I ■■■■■■■ hate life I am looking forward to my therapy :expressionless:

1 Like

We exist because we can. We’re just something the universe is doing. Matter experiencing itself.

For me, I find purpose in having to care for others. Mostly my dogs, my aunt, and sometimes myself.

3 Likes

We exist to praise God

Too unfulfilling for me, personally.

1 Like

i liked the honest reply.

many a times i think even i dont like life or i hate life.

i fail to find any positive thing about life.

i am spiritual but this negative aspect of life makes me wonder if its right to be spiritual and believe in a supreme power. it doesnt make sense. it puts doubt in my thought/faith

living just one moment at a time

1 Like

I’m just tired of surviving all the time instead of thriving…

It starts to wear me down

Thanks for the positive response…

2 Likes

ya right

its survival till the end, sucks like hell.

u r welcome

1 Like

Maybe one day we will thrive.

Just it’s been all about survival for so long it starts to take some sort of toll on one.

1 Like

maybe

i m not too hopeful but lets see, hoping against hope.

it does take toll and at times there’s no respite

1 Like

i don’t think i will thrive anymore… i just have to make the days pass in a pleasant matter… but i won’t have a normal life, i know that now…

Tha depends on how you praise him

1 Like