Prove me wrong

I believe that I’m world-famous and that I disassociate and say/yell mean things. Maybe that people are spying on me. Those close to me say otherwise. I’ve tried videotaping myself, but I think “the organization” controls my technology.
Is there anything you can do to prove otherwise?

1 Like

Have you talk to a p’doc?

1 Like

Yea I’m on Invega Sustenna and Zyprexa.I

1 Like

maybe your not at the right strength of it or maybe it wrong type of meds for you at moment?
You need to speak to your P’Doc about these feeling of people you are having , and about how your famous. It will then work it self into a provable or disprovable way.

1 Like

Ok. Hm maybe that’ll work. Thanks.

1 Like

Your welcome I hope it works as well.

1 Like

Delusions of grandeur like that from what I’ve seen exist to cover up feelings of inadequacy. Like you feel unappreciated or lame in real life, so thinking you are secretly a world famous celebrity protects you from those feelings.

I’m not sure about the dissociative part I mean that could be true, sometimes with this illness people do things not really in their right mind while dissociated.

People spying on you is an amplification of a normal phenomenon people experience called the spotlight effect or something like that. Everyone always feels like any time they do something slightly embarrassing or look weird, or are in public in general, that everyone is watching them. However just because you are the center of your own universe, doesn’t mean you are the center of everyone else’s. There’s been a ton of experiments done where they had people wear or do embarrassing things in public & the person who did it thought everyone noticed and in reality like…1 or 2 people out of a giant crowd did. And they forgot about it like 5 seconds later. In other words, why would anyone care about spying on you. No one wants to watch you eat cereal and sleep and poop.

Thinking something is controlling your technology could be your brain trying to find evidence that your delusions are true. The human brain (yes even the nonpsychotic ones!!) loves delusions because again they protect us from harmful feelings. Thinking you’re a celebrity & this extremely important and hunted by a secret organization means you don’t have to face feelings of being lame or having not accomplished anything. However your brain has to find proof to convince you of the delusion, so it really just picks anything. When your technology malfunctions, saying it is the organization helps give you proof, and thus keeps your protective beliefs strong.

You can help to reduce and resolve beliefs like this by trying to create an environment for yourself where you feel like your skills are valued, and you feel fulfilled and needed and important where you are. Then your brain doesn’t need beliefs like these anymore.

That’s my analysis :slight_smile: Hope any of it was helpful.

4 Likes

Wow. That was really helpful. Especially the thing about the experiment. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write that post! <3

1 Like

I think yes, you will require to prove your self. I am in the same path, that to assume some things about my self and prove it later with time.
Thanks.

1 Like

Rereading your post (and thinking about it some more) makes me think I should focus on helping people meditate. That is probably my greatest gift I have to give right now. Thanks, again.

1 Like

By meditate do you mean be more mindful of themselves and try to understand themselves more?

Also I’m glad you found my post helpful!! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Your family, friends and your pdoc have the last and final word on whether or not you are indeed world famous. You don’t have the last word on it because your brain is clouded by sz or bipolar or whatever diagnosis you have. Trust in other people. You have no choice. Talk to your pdoc. He/she is the final authority.

1 Like

I mainly meant (lol alliteration) that I want to help people enjoy mindfulness meditation. <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.