Prefered taste in food has changed recently

ive noticed meats don’t taste as good as they did… and now vegetables taste good… and some fish… I had polk salad the other day… its poison but if you boil it twice its like greens throw in some scrambled eggs and a bunch of onions its dam good… anyway even going out to eat ive been getting more vegetables and less meat… still have a soft spot for country ham, bacon and a good steak but the plants are winning… wtf… has anyone elses taste in food changed dramatically in the past?

4 Likes

Yes, come join us on the green side! We have kale!

3 Likes

Same here really, mostly cause meat just costs so much, so I have been making salads, eggs and a tomato for breaky and I got some fish on sale. keep about 3 tv dinners in the freezer for days I can’t get fresh stuff

2 Likes

The other day, I was with my niece and we made burritos. I put roasted chickpeas in mine. She was horrified that I was eating a “chick pee” burrito! I absolutely did not correct her. I just said this is what vegetarians eat!

2 Likes

Kale fried in butter is the best thing to have happened to my life :joy:

1 Like

I am officially eating only vegan (almost) cheese - some seafood and rarely if I have pizza and it has pepperoni on it, I don’t mind. I even switched to cashew milk!

1 Like

“Prefered taste in food has changed recently”

kind-of the same with me. I used to like Frosted Flakes a lot. didn’t eat any other cereal. but nowadays, Forsted Flakes is the last cereal I’ll buy, as I’m quite bored with it.

I used to love canned foods too. but after microwaving canned soup, it tastes like hot lava. a lot of salt, sodium, but little fresh meat. i can’t stand canned soup now, or canned anything.