What meat eaters really think about veganism – new research

I’ve bought vegetarian products several times,when doing a weekly shop , and have ended up throwing away quite lot . The reason? Taste.

I suspect going vegan would be even worse . The thought of not enjoying my food in order to take an ‘ethical’ stance on food consumption doesn’t appeal to me .

Hopefully the talk of better tasting vegan/vegetarian food products is not just talk and becomes a reality . Until then I’ll stick to being an omnivore .

3 Likes

I agree 100% …

1 Like

Hasnt burger king just launched a vegan burger that tastes like meat ?

I don’t think I would mind the taste, but the price is just too high.

1 Like

My partner and his family eat meat. While me and my family don’t (aside from bro who started eating meat in early teens ).

When I go to my partners parents house the vegetarian food cooked by his family is awful… the taste is awful. So I can see why they don’t like being vegetarian. I’m not trying to be nasty about it. Everyone should have a choice to eat what they like.

I think we’ve just learned to find ways to make the food taste good at home because we’ve Always been vegetarian so more experience with that type of food.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to sound offensive with my comment so I apologise if it came across that way.

1 Like

My sis is a vegetarian. Her food is pretty tasty

3 Likes

Yes it can be tasty if done right. I mean if I tried to cook meat you’d all think it’s done awful as I have no experience cooking that type of food. ( frankly don’t cook but I hope you know what I mean )

1 Like

I only eat chicken and tuna in the main.

I don’t like other meat that much but I do eat sausages and burgers sometimes.

Another road block with me and vegan/vegetarian food is the fact I’m not very keen on beans and pulses. Lentils are a big NO NO for me .

1 Like

Then you should stick to the foods that make life worth living. You only live once …

1 Like

I don’t eat eggs or chicken. Just red meat and fish.

I can’t imagine being a vegan. I think it’s defo not for me but I’m not so sure I mean if we could get all nutrition from veganism I’d be a vegan

I was vegan for 8 years

My sister is friends with a dude on FB who is vegan and he’s ripped.

2 Likes

I’ll admit I miss a few of the veggie burgers I use to have as a vegetarian but I wouldn’t give up actual meat for anything, meat is just to good

My ex manager is vegan and she is quite ocd about everything, she reads labels and so on. She works at a burger restaurant and servers meat, while she refuses to eat any. She is extremely skinny with almost no chest. You have to take a lot of supplements and vitamins to really make vegan diet work.

I’m vegan and enjoying it :blush: was vegetarian on and off since my teens and especially since 2016. Became vegan in September last year.

I don’t miss or need the taste of meat. I love lentils and I’m crazy about chickpeas! Have them three times a week or so. There’s so much lovely vegan food out there. I’m happy to do it for animals and environment and for my health too.

But it’s not possible for everyone to be vegan. It’s not for everyone. But I find it easy. I’m flexible vegetarian when I go out - I eat a little bit of food with egg or dairy in it but when I’m at home I cook vegan for myself. My husband eats fish and chicken but not so much other meat. But he drinks soya milk like me :blush:

1 Like

I dislike highly processed foods peddled by large corporations. Pass the moo, please

2 Likes

I’m proud to be an omnivore.

1 Like

While I am not currently a vegetarian or vegan, I do enjoy both vegan and vegetarian cuisines.

I find that I enjoy vegan foods more that are prepared in a traditional way with fresh non-processed ingredients. This is also often a healthier and less expensive diet than a traditional diet that contains meat. However, care does need to be taken to ensure adequate plant-based proteins are consumed.

I find that I really don’t enjoy those vegan “processed fake meat” products nor do I really see the point of them. I think that consuming things like vegan fake breakfast sausage are more a Western vegan diet thing anyway.

1 Like