• IE
  • Opera
  • Firefox
  • Safari

0 voters

1 Like

Vivaldi

1 Like

What’s the pros and cons of this one? I’ve never used it before. I prefer Chrome over all the others in the poll.

Wow. I’d never heard of that one.

1 Like

I used to use Chrome, but it leaks memory too much with my usage, since I’m always using Facebook and YouTube. I’ve since switched back to Firefox and don’t have the lag issues I used to have.

1 Like

Chrome 15151515

1 Like

I used to use Chrome but I kept getting annoying adverts in between my search results SO i switched to Safari and it works better plus the folders are neater on it. Chrome seems clumpy after using Safari for 5 months.

1 Like

On my phone i use Chrome and on my PC I use Firefox :fire: :fox_face:

1 Like

It has a lot of features. It’s built over chrome. I can open a panel on the side and run 2 windows at the same time without having to open a new one. I can write notes. It has a day/night theme with an customizable and optional cycle. Customizable start page. A lot of customizable cosmetics. Bookmarks are a side panel instead of a dropdown menu, making the side panel much easier to use and not accidentally close it by moving your mouse slightly off.

Can resize the webpage. Take screenshots.

The above two and the side panels are all there and visible at all times with the browser open and can be open and closed or even hid the side panel all together.

Shortcuts with the mouse and keyboard.

And as I said, it was built over chrome so access to all google extensions for chrome will be compatible with Vivaldi.

A scrolling feature that makes it easier to read things in Japanese. Supposed to be more like a book where one scrolls from left to right but the words go up and down like Japanese.

Cons are each new tab counts as a new window, so a lot of memory can be used if too many tabs are open and crash your computer. Certain settings, like access to passwords, are not evident and have to be searched for. But can be bookmarked and added to the speed dial that is visible on the new tab page.

Although it is built over chrome, you cannot sign into chrome and share your passwords or bookmarks from another computer.

Bookmarking can sometimes be a pain if you like to organize into different folders. When you make a new bookmark, you cannot make a new folder as in chrome unless you do so before adding the bookmark. Otherwise you have to make the bookmark, then make the folder, then add the bookmark to the folder. It’s a bit frustrating but can be adapted to.

There are a lot of pros to this that I could literally not go over them all. I’ve had this for over a year and I still haven’t gone through all the settings.

2 Likes

Do you think this will be a problem with 8GB memory? Because the rest of it sounds pretty neat.

I’ve got 8 gm ram. You should be good.

1 Like

I use Safari and Chrome equally I think.

1 Like

I use chrome the most because I feel that that is the best browser.

1 Like

I have 3 screens (multi-monitor) and therefore use 3 different web browsers. How do I vote 3 instead of just one?

1 Like

I use Pale Moon with a few extensions to make it look like pre-Australis Firefox (the update that basically just copied Chrome). I like having easily-accessible buttons and menus that make sense. I find minimalist browsers horrible to use.

Data harvesting doesn’t bother me either, mostly because I don’t use any services, google or otherwise, that employ targeted advertising or media filtering algorithms (which I do have a problem with). I’d switch to a good open distribution such as Chrome if I had nothing to lose but there are certain extensions and other comfort factors I have on Pale Moon which I find aren’t easily replaceable on other platforms (not that I’ve looked exhaustively).

I do use Tor sometimes when I think I need more privacy than the usual or to circumvent some region locking.

1 Like

I use Safari on my iPad and iPhone and Chrome on my computer. It’s the only thing that works with windows XP. When it stops working I have to get a new computer

1 Like

I use chrome mostly, but also use Maxthon3, it seems to block less sites

1 Like

I use a browser called Chromium it’s basically Chrome but without all the tracking code which Google adds. Yup I’m paranoid.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I use Chrome on my laptop and Safari mainly on my iPhone.

1 Like

The Silk browser (the browser on the Amazon fire tablet).

1 Like