Poll: Do You Work For Pay and What Age Are You?

Hey girl! You still in China? You seemed to have enjoyed it.

Yeah unfortunately in the US once you are on SSI or even SSDI you are pretty much stuck there unless you make a heroic effort to get off of it. @Tomcat’s try is an example of that (how many of you could handle a $3,200 bill from the government with whatever job you are on? Although he appealed it and succeeded he could have lost.) I was put on SSI when I was very sick with my parents and doctors literally pushing it on me. I dreamed constantly of leaving it and did volunteer and some paid work but quit in my 40’s when my body was failing me and my Dad’s death caused a relapse and I saw that I had accomplished nothing from it.). I hope the low number of people over 50 on the poll is due to that generation’s lack of knowledge of computers although my poll was definitely not scientific. I think I’ll close the poll now. Thank you for participating.

I don’t currently work for pay but I would like to in the future if my body allows it

Me too🙂

I was on Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) and the social worker I talked to when I went off had been working there twenty years at least and had never seen someone do that before. People tend to stay on it for life. I wouldn’t say I’m heroic, that’s probably complete balls. I am stubborn enough to intimidate your average mule, I figure.

Hi there.

I’m a former technical writer, trainer, and sys admin so that doesn’t apply to me. My old office is going crazy without me right now because I was the one who would fix all of the small issues so they didn’t have to rely on WestSupport. Still getting “help!” emails a few times a week.

You know those people who have to figure out how things work? I’m one of them. We tend to do pretty well with tech in any age group.

Honestly it’s really nice to see someone with sz working full time. A lot of you guys on the forum have given me the confidence to go to school full time and just work through the symptoms.

1 Like

I only work part time since my last relapse. I was full time self employed as a graphic designer before that, did business networking and all that jazz. It was far too stressful for me.

I work in a shop now, I’m only on 16 hours a week, but if all goes well after my current wobble I’d like to increase my hours.

2 Likes

I get paid for full-time work while receiving disability income.

Im on disability. Im 45 years old, and have been on disability since I was 22. I have worked a little bit in good periods. But for the most part of my grown life, Ive not worked. Disability is better here than in the U.S. With the huge libertarian presence in your political system. I live in a social democracy.

Hi Loke!! Yes, it’s my last day. We are packing up tonight and leave tomorrow. I have a cute haircut to show off!! I did have a good time this year but my bff is already wondering when I’ll get back…

Pic of my haircut. All the split ends from when I permed are cut off!
Here’s a pic of the springs we visited

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.