Poll: Do you feel like you're always "acting" around people

If I didn’t act around people I’d just sit / stand there withdrawn saying nothing. But I’m getting tired of it.

• Yes I have to always “act”
  • No I can be myself

0 voters

1 Like

I really do feel that I can be myself around people.

The thing is, sometimes, you should act.

At least I should.

:expressionless:

6 Likes

Yes i always have to act around people

1 Like

Yes and im bad at acting so i usually just become withdrawn

1 Like

My mi is difficult to hide. It’s obvious from talking to me. But I genuinely like socializing to some degree. The key is to speak moderately and not overwhelm yourself by trying too hard all at once, for me…

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s getting harder to act in front of others.
So sometimes I manage and other times my “crazy “ begins to show.

2 Likes

My life is a big charade, i spend so little time around ppl anyways. Burden burden burden on the wall, who’s is the greatest of them all?

2 Likes

In certain situations but not all, but its not unusual, its part of life

1 Like

I cant act. I am genuine. So yes a lot of time withdrawal.

1 Like

Dude, culturally, to fit, theres a certain amount of adaption, call it what you will

1 Like

Around my immediate family I don’t but I do carry myself a certain way around others. It’s sorta like a reflex in a sense.

1 Like

In what ways does your “crazy” show, @Wave?

I’m lucky. I think I come across as normal most of the time. That is, until I say or do something inappropriate. Or, I start rocking back and forth unconsciously.

1 Like

Well really what shows are my Negative symptoms.
Especially social withdrawal.

1 Like

yes I act happy-go-lucky instinctively as to not burden any random people with my crazy. It comes off as fake to anybody who cares enough to pay attention I fear. But you know what? I think minus the sza I am happy-go-lucky and that’s where I learned it, from before I got sick.

1 Like