Please please please

Tomorrow may be a school closure due to the extremely cold temps. With wind chill it is supposed to be -50°c. I really don’t want to go out if at all possible. Manitoba weather really sucks.

4 Likes

I used to watch the morning news in winnipeg, wishing I lived out west it was so cold, now I’m out west watching the news and glad I’m no longer in Winnipeg

4 Likes

With as cold as this week is going to be in many places I worry a lot about power going out and those with inadequate heating supplies. Hopefully not too many people die because of it.

3 Likes

tenor

7 Likes

Looks like my little brother whenever my mom asks him to clean our cat’s litter box.

2 Likes

Ugh. I frankly no longer want to live in Alberta and Alberta isn’t half as bad as Manitoba. Manitoba is what Hell would look like if it froze over in the winter and the bugs in the summer are so bad I’m pretty sure that’s where all of the vampire legends started. I feel for you @FatMama.

2 Likes

Public Service Announcement for @FatMama

:blush:

4 Likes

Is that a typo ? Or did you really mean minus 50 Celsius?

3 Likes

Yes I really mean -50°c

3 Likes

I’m astounded that they’d even consider having the schools open. :astonished:

I doubt there would be any hassle from them if you decided you couldn’t go.

I didn’t think temperatures on Earth went that low to be honest …

This just crossed my news feed. I think the cold temperatures are getting to people.

Unfortunately it’s exam week so missing a day isn’t an option. If it was a regular school day they would’ve stayed home. A few winters ago we had 30 consecutive days of -35°c highs. That was unbearable.

1 Like

We had that out West as well. The month of the $920 heating bill, hard to forget.

2 Likes

Currently. Damn place to live.

At what temperature does the body’s blood just outright freeze I mean c’mon!

Sorry you have to deal with those extremes, cold goes through me like a knife at that temperature.

1 Like

I just saw a picture of someone with severe frostbite and will lose most fingers. I’ve had mild frostbite 3x since the extreme cold warning.

1 Like

All I know about Canada is something about Fur Traders in colonial times. I think I understand now why Furs were a valuable thing to trade… especially in Canada :open_mouth:

1 Like

Today school is cancelled. It is so bitterly cold. I have no intention of leaving this house.

Damn, I thought my area was having it bad. Currently, it is -21 C with a -35 C windchill. This is terribly cold by our standards. All of the schools, including colleges are closed up through tomorrow. That’s why I’m at home right now, instead of teaching; classes were canceled at both colleges. You certainly have us beat, though.

I can’t even imagine. Here it must be about one degrees celcius and I’m freezing my ass off!

1 Like