Picture of my pill drawer

how many people actually know braille anyway :confused: i think the chances of being blind and sz and able to read braille is very slim, not saying anything against it though

I donā€™t get mine in boxes just pill bottles and I think iā€™m on 10 different meds from two of my doctors. my mom is going blind and she has major depression.

I can read Braille because my daughter was blind from birth & I wanted to be prepared to give her the best education possible. I started teaching her sign language by doing the signs in her hands at 8 months old. She caught onto that so quickly. But her immune system was compromised from the high streroids she needed the 1st 8 months after birth (born at 29 weeks of gestation). She got ill with a tummy virus & aspirated the vomit into lungs. Within 17 hours she was in pediatric icu with double pneumonia. I lost my angel in the 28th hour after we realized her health was rapidly declining. I miss my angel! Iā€™d give anything to hear her voice or feel that warmth of her hand again.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry @Alone. I canā€™t know your pain. But I have a suicidal teenager at home. I am so terrified he will end his life. He hears voices and is depressed. I can feel your sorrow and anxiety even though not on the same level.

2 Likes

I also feel sorry, Alone. It is so sad your love leave you.

2 Likes

Thank you @Comatose! My brother is on a similar situation as you. His daughter had tried to commit suicide 3 times. But she is doing so well now. But that didnā€™t happen (her getting some better) until the 5th psychiatrist. Are you in the US? If so what state? Iā€™d be honoured to get a recommendation for you for a good pediatric pdoc. Most good pediatric pdocā€™s are the patient well into their adulthood, as they know Its too delicate to transfer. Helping you & you son would help me - to know Iā€™m doing good in my babys name would be therapeutic for me.

Thank you - there is such a huge void in my life now & my brain has filled it with our shared illness. I had no issues prior to flooding her. My pdoc thinks I was mild & that her death pushed me over the edge

Unfortunately Iā€™m in Sweden. The system works different here. He has a pdoc and a therapist. He is losing hope. He has been put on meds but he has not full effect yet. Lamictal and Fluoxetine. He has rapid cycling mood swings. Since he was a kid.

Iā€™m no doctor, but below r the meds that are finally helping my neice.

1 antipsychotics - seroqual
1 mood stabilizer - tegretol
2 antidepressant - effexor & Pristiq
1 antianxiety - lorazepam

Can you ask his doc about them?

2 Likes

Lamictal is too mild in my opinion. Itā€™s used for people with epilepsy a lot & from what my pdoc told me; should only be used in the mildest of cases.

He is too young for getting other anxiety meds than anti histamines. He has seroquel when he stops sleeping. But he sleeps all day on them too.

Lamictal is somewhat the same as Tegretol. It is a mood stabilizer.

Plus with the rapid cycling & mood swings, I am shocked his pdoc hasnā€™t added a better mood stabilizer like (Lamictal can work for some but is so mild from my pdocā€™s opinion);

-Sycrest

• depakote
  • tegretol
  • lithium (but I know this comes with many side-effects, like feeling like a comatose zombie)

And fluxotine is for depression, anxiety & OCD. If heā€™s hearing voices; which are my biggest issue, then I donā€™t understand why the pdoc has not yet put him on an antipsychotic. This other meds (from my personal knowledge only) will not help with the voices. And voices to me are a million times worse than depression & mood seings. Can you message me personal?

1 Like

What his the mg (strength) do as he for his seroquel? Invega is newer & has minimal side; groggy for 1st couple days but It goes away per the people in my support group. And 8 people in my support group said their paranoia & voices went into rapid decline within 12 days of being on Invega. Iā€™m so sorry you are going through this & that your son is suffering & loosing hope. Seroquel is very sedating & if his pdoc doesnā€™t have him taking it every day, how does he expect your sonā€™s body to become acclimated to it. People only start feeling less groggy after they take it every day for a period of time (my niece took 2 mos to become acclimated). She started on 25mg (had to cut pills), then her pdoc gradually moved her dosage higher. She is now in 100mgs & has made immense progress

1 Like

I think doctors tend to shy away from overprescribing Antipsychotics to kids especially teenagers. I mean after all they just found out that they shrink your brain. Plus I donā€™t know too many teenagers who would tolerate the side effects either. just saying

1 Like

I have TWO pill drawers Cant even zoom out far enough to fit them in a picture.
I need to rent a dumpster once a month to dispose of my empty RX bottles