People with schizophrenia 'can learn to control voices'

9 Likes

Blast you modern medicine and your aforementioned voice devices. A ghost in a machine ventriloquist. An invisible pill using magnetic waves to assimilate silence in an individual. What have you? This remind me of cancer treatment. You treat the healthy and cancerous cells. This machine might strip an entire persons inner dialogue or in turn be a god send. What a gamble. To place ones fate in another’s hands. Considering science only operates on probability. I’d have to be in rough shape to give this a gambling go. Glad to know the technology is out there and the world cares enough to make it to benefit others on the one hand.

1 Like

I never really heard voices my problem is delusion and hallucination.

1 Like

@roxanna, take a look at this. I wonder if something like this could help you.

1 Like

I still get music hallucinations and inner voices cos i dont take maximum dose of my meds.

2 Likes

Lol what’s wrong with no inner dialogue?

I learned how to have a semblance of control over my hypnagogic hallucinations. I don’t see why sz hallucinations would be any different. (Except perhaps being harder if the person isn’t in a lucid mental state to start with)

The day I learn to control the tactile stuff is the day I’ll call myself cured.

1 Like

this sounds like total bull, but I didn’t read the article,

my puter acts up.
What are you thoughts on this?

I can’t imagine an attempt like this,
but maybe I’m underestimating.

1 Like

The hypothesis is that by exercising the brain areas involved in hallucinations, they begin to work better and you have fewer hallucinations.

There will be follow up studies to confirm.

2 Likes