Oh My.... What should i do?

I started to volunteer to an organization In June 2 days a week for 2 hours per day. They put me to clean the place mostly. Its a social organization that helps people with low income by giving them food, clothes and offers support. My colegues dont know i have schizophrenia, i didnt said anything related to any illnes so far to them. Only few of them knows im sz who accepted me and put me to sign a voluntary contract for 1 year.

At the beggining of this year i’ve been in a day center for people with disabilities, it didndt work for me. They have been invited at the place i go to receive the help they need. I wonder if all colegues know about me? The situation is inevitable it seems, i’ve been invited and stupid me i accepted.

My question is what should i do? What if people finds out im paranoid schizophrenic? I worry about the stigma and of the fact that i could be “rejected” by people there finding out i have a mental illness. I think too much about this these few last days. Help?

This meeting with people from daycenter where i was for a few days is next week. They will recognize me and im screwed… :frowning_face:

Rather get a carefree atitutde about if people know or not, it doesnt really matter because it doesnt change anything about the person, you should tell them

2 Likes

Thank you for your honest opinion. :slight_smile:

remeber those people that work there are probably less judgmental than your average joes

1 Like

Youre probably right :sunny:

I agree, people who volunteer are usually very generous people who care about other people and want to help. Even if they do find out they will probably have a lot of respect for you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.