Official outdoors thread

What are some of your favorite outdoor activities?

Fishing is my number one favorite, followed by hunting, hiking, and shooting sports such as trap and target shooting.

I’m not big on kayaking though.

What are some of your favorite activities? Pictures are very much welcome!

3 Likes

my outside time is just gardening and hiking. will occasionally go kayaking but don’t really enjoy it. I just do it with friends. if I had the money and time I would get outside and play golf.

2 Likes

The only kind of golf I enjoy is putt putt and disc golf. I’m absolutely dreadful at regular golf. I would have to take lessons to be able to play.

1 Like

im not great either. I would need lessons and to be fitted for clubs. I forgot disc golf, haven’t played in years but enjoyed it in my 20’s. we have a couple courses within 40 miles of the house.

1 Like

I like swimming, hiking, kayaking, boating, and fishing.

1 Like

What’s your favorite thing to fish for?

1 Like

Flounder… You?

1 Like

I’m a huge catfish guy.

Do you live by the ocean? I want to go saltwater fishing soooooo bad. Never have been though.

1 Like

I’m about 3.5 hours away but we go often. Nice on the catfish!

1 Like

I like hiking but I haven’t been for some time
Hiked and bicycled the Rockies in 2012-2013
Hope I can go hiking just some short trips this fall. This picture is from the smokies at some creek I stopped at before going to the top

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I would love to hike the Rockies! I did some hiking in the smokies, but I’ve never even seen the Rockies.

I’m jealous! I’m glad you get to go often!

1 Like

I really do hope and pray you get to some time. It is like time stood still out there untouched by mankind. It’s so beautiful that your just stupefied and stunned at the majesty of it. Like you secretly unknowingly stepped in a part of heaven. I really do hope you can go someday. You will never ever forget it.
The smokies are great too. I’m 5 hours away from them and before I got this mental illness I’d go every year down there and just hike my ever living ass off then come home exhausted and completely satisfied

1 Like

I hope you yet to enjoy someday again. I hate that mental illness takes away so much.

I’m sorry I’m mistaken I have seen the Rockies from a distance when I was at the Denver airport, but never up close.

Yes they are a sight to behold. In the upper Wyoming and Montana area it is outstanding.
I went on vacation there and fell in love so the next year I took a year just to explore it.
But is a small window of opportunity of season like July and August otherwise you be miserable from the cold and snow. And my God it snows 3 times a day out there in the winter lol

1 Like

Idk if this counts but I like to tan

or just sit out and listen to the noises and look at everything

1 Like

I like trail walking and wild swimming, driving is a sport but i think it will be more sport like when i get a motorcycle.

btw, i recently downloaded an app called alltrails and it looks pretty good, seems to have all the best walks nearby :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too!
this weekend I’m goin to get a kiddie swimming pool to lay in. :joy:

3 Likes

Trail Riding definitely top on the list.

I also enjoy going for dips in gentle waves but the waves are too rough for me here so a dip in a rock pool on a nice sunny day with nice water temperature for me and to lay or sit in the sun and dry up.

2 Likes

I used to hike but don’t anymore. I love nature. I’m able to do my clearest thinking surrounded by nature.

3 Likes