No rest for the weary

I only slept for 3 hours and my cute little brain thinks that’s enough sleep. So what are you doing up right now?

Oh man I woke up at 3 am the other day and tried to stay up until bedtime the next day, ended up falling asleep at like 1 pm and woke up at ten pm last night. Now I’m even more off-schedule. I have a hard time falling asleep when I don’t wait until I’m actually tired.

1 Like

oh man that’s wack

gawd @Leaf. I do like less than 8 hours and I’m happy as Larry. Had a bit of stress lately so I’m sleeping in…I still get just above 8!

If I could function on 3 I’d be a much more productive man! Watch out for those symptoms or mania! It’s not much fun for anyone!

Stress is a big leveler for most of us…you dealing with any stress?

1 Like

yes I’ve got stress, we all do I suppose. My brain just wants me up in the middle of the night. I’m making up for it by taking a nap in the day. Since I don’t work it’s mostly fine, just weird. Maybe I need to think about taking my rexulti at a different time and see if that corrects it. idk.

2 Likes

Gm @Leaf. I’m awake, too. Sorry I’ve been kinda mia. Hope things aren’t plaguing you!

1 Like

Unfortunately things are plaguing me. That’s life. What have you been doing?

1 Like

Life. Have been facing things head on. Some “minor” backlashes, but sometimes it’s no pain, no gain. Gotta put our health number 1 though it gets difficult…you know what I mean…sometimes ya gotta let go and accept serenity while being coached by healthcare professionals…

1 Like

I’m a fiercely loyal, compassionate and empathetic to a point. Now I’ve been looking at things from different perspectives and have to shut off those qualities in instances when it’s my health is threatened, neglected or not even considered a factor. I’m done feeling like a robotic slave to people. I’m empowering myself to do things that I not normally would do.

That’s fantastic. Learning to do things differently and with your health and own best interests in mind is really cool.

1 Like

It’s become downright essential tbh

1 Like

I think as I’ve gotten older I’ve naturally started making myself a priority because I just don’t have the energy to take care of everybody all the time anymore. It’s kind of forced me to pull back my energy and spend that energy on my very survival.

1 Like

@Leaf, yup I’m aging rapidly as another birthday fast approaches. Others around me don’t take care of themselves, and I can only do my best and then put the ball in their court. No more nagging…I’m done with that bs. Moving forward is what I must do

1 Like

Sometimes we lead by example and if not, oh well that’s on them. You can’t control other people. They have to take responsibility for themselves.

1 Like

I agree whole heartedly :hugs:. Thank you for reminding me…constant reinforcement helps :nerd_face::wink:

1 Like

I’m reminding myself as well. Trying to learn it when it comes to my 19 year old daughter. She’s a tough one. But I have to back off and let her learn for herself. Even though it’s tough now it’s just going to get tougher if she doesn’t learn now.

1 Like

You’re always welcome to pm me if needed btw. From where I sit I think we’ve got similar but different situations. :hugs:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.