Schizophrenia.com

New Meds, Can Anyone Say If They're Effective?

I don’t have schizophrenia, But, I have Bipolar 2, Major Depressive Disorder, Severe Anxiety Disorder, and Panic Disorder. They’ve just changed my meds to Lamictal, Klonipin, and Seroquil. Can anyone tell me if they are affective? Or if they come with any serious side effects that the doctor failed to tell me about? Thanks

0 Likes

I don’t know much about lamictal or kloipin, but Seroquil works great for me. Too much and I’m over sedated. But just enough and I’m not jumping out of my skin and hypersensitive and my visual hallucinations are knocked down a lot so is my disorganized thinking. It slows me down enough to think.

It does mess with blood sugar and my doc has raised an eyebrow so we’re keeping an eye out for diabetes.

I’m also on Latuda and that perks me up and keeps the negative symptoms away for me. I have motivation to get up and do things, It makes sure my Seroquel doesn’t slow everything down too much.

2 Likes

Okay thanks @SurprisedJ they didn’t tell me it would affect my blood sugar so I’m gonna have to watch what I eat I guess. I took my first last night and I slept peacefully but woke up in about 3-4 hours. They said I should maybe take two but I’m afraid to be zombified

0 Likes

I take abilify and mirtazapine it’s a okay combination,but I hope I can function better…the mirtazapine works great when first take then after 3 months the effect slows down a little,I am not as cheerful as when I started it

1 Like

Klonopin totally knocked me out. I couldn’t function.

0 Likes

I’m on both Klonopin (clonazepam) and Seroquel (quetiapine). I’ve been on them for years, and I don’t experience any adverse side effects. I’m on the max dosage of both and, at most, get a little sedation.

I hope the combination works well for you!

Blessings,

Anthony

0 Likes

I am on Lamictal and now take an absurdly low dose of Klonopin ( trying to wean myself off of it slowly) I have been on Seroquel, and did like it but had to get off of it because it messed up my thyroid levels. I like all 3 meds - they are true blue solid meds, especially if you have a mood component to your illness, which it sounds like you do.
Lamictal is basically new for me, I’m still titrating up on it, eventually reaching the 200mg mark good luck on whatever you decide to take

0 Likes