New Cognition Research Study Opportunity - NY, Chapel Hill NC, Palo Alto, and Augusta GA

From a good group of researchers. We encourage you to contact them if you live in these cities:

• New York, NY (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai).
  • Chapel Hill, NC (University of North Carolina).
  • Palo Alto, CA (Stanford University).
  • Augusta, GA (Augusta University Medical Center)

I am writing you to request posting of information about our study at the schizophrenia.com’s web site. The study is a single-blind, multi-site randomized clinical trial examining the impact of physical exercise on cognitive and daily functioning in people with schizophrenia and related disorders. The study is funded by NIMH (Grant # R01 MH 110623) and has been approved by the IRBs of all four participating sites. Recruitment began in May 2018 and it is expected to last ~3 years. Enclosed is the information about the study:

Title – Improving Cognition via Exercise in Schizophrenia.

Description – Following a baseline research assessment, participants will be randomized to participate in Aerobic Exercise (AE) training or Stretching & Toning (ST) exercise training. Participants in both groups will take part in a 12-week, 3 times per week, 1-hour training program, in addition to their regular psychiatric and/or medical care. Participants may continue to be treated by their current psychiatrist and/or other mental health clinicians during the study. All training will be led by a trainer in a small group settings. Research assessments will be administered at baseline, and after 6- and 12-weeks of training. These include diagnostic, clinical and cognitive assessments (interviews, questionnaires, cognitive tasks); fitness assessments and physical activity monitoring; and providing urine and blood samples.

Contact the Location Closest To You:

United States, California
Stanford University Recruiting
Stanford, California, United States, 94305
Principal Investigator: Jacob Ballon, MD, MPH

United States, Georgia
Augusta University Recruiting
Augusta, Georgia, United States, 30912
Principal Investigator: Joseph McEvoy, MD

United States, New York
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Recruiting
New York, New York, United States, 10029
Principal Investigator: David Kimhy, PhD

United States, North Carolina
University of North Carolina Recruiting
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States, 27599
Principal Investigator: Fred Jarskog, MD

Payments – Eligible participants may receive up to $260 for completing the study, in addition to reimbursement of travel expenses.

Contact Information - Interested participants should contact specific study sites – please see contact information of Locations at:

2 Likes

Get onboard with this people!

I’ve been increasing exercise steadily for months and think my mental and physical health is so much improved it’s not funny!

Get involved!

3 Likes

I already know exercising would benefit my cognition, but how can i exercise for two consecutive days?

Contact them (if you live close to the study) and talk to them - they can help.

2 Likes

Thanks, but I’m not in us. But if i am, i would definitely contact them.

1 Like