Negative symptoms

Do you feel negative symptoms frequently?

4 Likes

Yes. Everyday. :fish::fish::fish:

Yes unfortunately.

My most frequent and permanent negative symptoms are reduced social drive, loss of motivation and lack of social interest.
I’m a lone wolf.

2 Likes

Yup, daily. Constant lack of motivation or drive, not social.

1 Like

Since starting Abilify I’m more energetic and outgoing

3 Likes

Yes all the time, but fortunately for me, they vary in severity.

2 Likes

I have negative symptoms very bad. It makes me so depressed. I think back a few years when I was baking and cooking all the time. And cleaning up. And going out. I miss that. I miss waking up full of energy. Even my personal hygiene is terrible. It makes it very difficult to want to live.

3 Likes

My negative symptoms are helped by Vraylar a little bit. It seems to correlate with my mental health as a whole, though. If I’m more psychotic, I tend to have more negative and cognitive symptoms, too. I go through ups and downs, as well. For example, I’ve been pretty on top of showering and getting ready every day for a while now, but I’m starting to go into a rut again where I struggle with taking care of myself. My cognition has been bad lately and I couldn’t find the motivation to shower this morning.

2 Likes

Are you sure those are negatives? I’m certainly no professional, but that sounds more like depression. I dunno. Maybe I’m lucky because I don’t get low mood with my negatives. I know I should do certain things, but I just don’t. There are plenty of clubs and classes I can take, tons of places for me to make friends in person, which I really do need because being around people allows me to recharge my batteries, in a sense. It’s not that I’m tired, sad, or numb. I just couldn’t be bothered.

2 Likes

I suffer from poverty of thought/speech…it gets me down

Definitely partially depression

@karl @FatMama It doesn’t get me down, it makes me angry. Some cognitives too. Half the time, I’m not even aware that I’m experiencing symptoms like blunted affect or issues keeping track of verbal conversations until someone asks me if I’m okay or gets pissed because I ask a question that they’ve answered 3 times. Plus, I still have disorganized/thought disorder symptoms that my mom has recently made me aware of that I had no clue about. It’s like I said before. I just want this fu cking nightmare to be over.

2 Likes

I don’t have negative symptoms quite so much. But I don’t want to leave home much due to fears like a car accident.

I have gotten to where I can do a thing or two. And so am content there and feel comfortable and contributing. I can not do it all by any means. Just a couple. my strengths. @everybody

My negative symptoms are lack of motivation and drive, apathy, poor hygiene, and social withdrawal.

1 Like

Me too. Everyday

2 Likes

I posted this on another group here. Thought you folks might like to see it:

Yup and to beat them you pretty much have to actively try to keep things moving cuz once you stop trying then you just do nothing.

There are effective medications for positive symptoms.
why there is not medication for negative symptoms???
why both are called Schizophrenia then?
there is a big difference.