Negative symptoms of schizophrenia may improve over time

2 Likes

Here is the conclusion for those of u (like me) who are struggling to read long papers:

"Based on the available data of almost 6,000 outpatients, negative symptoms of schizophrenia do not tend to be stable or deteriorate, but are instead likely to improve over time. This finding offers a further critique of the historical argument which suggests schizophrenia is a disorder of continual decline and instead provides further support to the recovery model of schizophrenia.

Overall, these findings suggest that negative symptoms may not be as resistant to change as what has previously been assumed, and perhaps offer new hope to those who may experience such symptoms."

3 Likes

When I wasn’t taking memantine, my negative symptoms were tough, but there were moments that I felt really good.

1 Like

@DelusionalSoldier do u know what would provoc these moments where u felt really good? What was the cause of your well-being?

Personally physical activity (spinning 3x/week) helps a lot with all my symptoms, esp. negative ones.

3 Likes

I remember that I had a strong will of wanting to get better. I took care of my diet, do a lot of physical exercises, etc. But it was really tough. It’s a really hard struggle. Memantine just made everything better with less effort lol.

1 Like