My therapist insisted I go to Thanksgiving dinner

I decided yesterday that I wasn’t going to go to my psychiatric care provider’s Thanksgiving dinner today due to Covid19. She texted and called this morning, and insisted that I go. She was going to have someone pick me up and take me there. I said I would take the bus.

I really don’t want to go and risk coming down with Covid19. Do you think if I go, don’t eat, and keep my mask on I’ll be alright? I’m thinking I’ll just stay at home anyway, but am not sure what to do.

I have to go to the doctor Monday and see about my back, hip, and knee, and can’t stay at home for 14 days.

I really don’t think I should go to dinner.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go dinner. Especially if you have to get a bus.

3 Likes

You have every right to decline, maybe make a point of saying you’ll go next year covid depending !

3 Likes

As nice as dinner might be, you have to think about your health as well.

Wishing you a nice Thanksgiving, @anon54988740! :poultry_leg:

4 Likes

I told her the health department was saying a vaccine might be available in April, and it wouldn’t be like this next year. Thanks for all your replies.

4 Likes

@everhopeful @spiderpig @Schztuna

4 Likes

I think everyone is going mad over this Thanksgiving thing. Risking traveling on an airplane, large gatherings, ect. It’s not worth dying over or having the hospital expenses.

3 Likes

I’m surprised they are pushing you to go during this pandemic.

Covid is highly contagious and gatherings should be discouraged.

I wouldn’t go

1 Like

Thanks Wave. I’m 61, have diabetes, mild emphysema, and am overweight. Not a good candidate for Covid19.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m in the same boat as you.
I’m 56, obese, diabetic, high blood pressure and high triglycerides.

I’m considered “high risk” as well.

1 Like

I don’t think you should be so worried about COVID19 that you cancel Thanksgiving over this. I’m sorry but I think your therapist is right.

Either way, it is up to you.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go to the dinner myself.

2 Likes

My primary care physician just messaged me back, and she doesn’t recommend it. Maybe I can avoid trouble with my therapist by saying my doctor advised against going to the dinner.

1 Like

You absolutely shouldn’t go it’s super dangerous and cases are on the rise!!

2 Likes

I went to group therapy yesterday, but left before they started eating lunch. I just don’t think eating with others is safe.

1 Like

I’m glad you contacted your primary physician. Follow their advice and don’t go.

1 Like

I dont think you should worry about covid too much. What matters that its making you anxious. But you never know - you might enjoy yourself - I havent been invited out for dinner in years! lol

Your call mate.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.