My psychiatrist of 20 years died

I’ve seen a lot of doctors in my life and met some real quacks. I started seeing my current doctor in 2001. I had an appointment with him 2 days before he died. He was a good guy and helped me win my disability case. He stood up for me and did everything he could to help me over the years. When I was out of work his office gave me free medication for years. He had a pharmacy in his office. He also gave me discounted visits at half price. He worked as an outpatient resource at a local hospital. He was head of the board for psychiatry. I’m going to miss him he was good to me.

14 Likes

I’m sorry. That is really tough. How are you holding up? Has the office been able to put you in touch with another psychiatrist yet?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I can sympathise, but my favourite psychiatrist only retired.

-Albert.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss, @Wantsome480.

Hoping you find a solid pdoc soon.

2 Likes

I was in contact with his office yesterday. They emailed me intake paperwork for another doctor.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, that’s rough. My neuropsych has cancer right now, and I fear for her. I’m closer with her than I ever was with my own Mother

I know it’s no compensation, but hopefully you get another good one

2 Likes

sorry to hear your pdoc died =(
I hope you find a new pdoc soon

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. That must be so difficult for you. I hope you like the new one you’re getting

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in this difficult time.

3 Likes

I hope it works out. I hope whoever I get has as much integrity as he did. He never tried to force medications on me or anything. He let me have a say in my treatment. I’ve been on the same medication for 25 years.

2 Likes

Wow. It’s worked for 25 years?! That’s amazing! I hope your new dr is like your former one too

2 Likes

Very very sad :cry:. Condolences :bouquet:

1 Like

Condolences.
I don’t know
what i would do
if my pdoc would pass away.

2 Likes

yea sometimes i wonder also what i would do if my pdoc would not do his job anymore or die or something… it would be so hard to start over with a new pdoc. So much history that you would have to explain which would be so annoying to do it all over…

2 Likes

Exactly. Too much information to share again.

2 Likes

I’m 44 and I’ve been on Zyprexa for 25 years. It’s not a cure but it’s worked well for me.

1 Like

That’s great @Wantsome480 . I’ve tried tons of meds. None of them has made the men who follow me and record me go away

It’s sad. Perhaps I need to think and be better prepared for that, too.

@Wantsome480
So sorry to hear that… It’s a hard blow :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.