My partner is looking for jobs outside the country like Australia

Would I be able to get hold of meds if I move with him? We not planning a permanent move, just for a few years.

2 Likes

Last time I checked, Australia was a 1st world country. I’m sure their medical system is rock solid.
@rogueone can confirm :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The only thing you have to know is that on the visa application form they will ask you questions about your health.

It’s possible that they refuse you entry especially if you have a heavy diagnosis.

With my sz diagnosis I know I have to stay within the EU because it will be very hard to get a visa.

1 Like

It might be different for non Citizens though but I’m not sure.

1 Like

That would really suck if I couldn’t go :thinking:

1 Like

Australia is still part of the Commonwealth, I doubt they give Brits a hard time at the customs, you’ll probably be ok in that sense. Try to ask your doctor though, maybe he already has other patients overseas. But getting another doctor in Australia shouldn’t be hard, even with a temporary stay.

1 Like

Australia has a reciprocal health system with some other countries so you’d have to check but I’m sure you’d be fine. It’s hard to get in depending on the visa. There are certain visa’s for backpackers that are easier to get but you’d have to look into it all. Plenty of ex-Brits over here working and living.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.