My negative symptoms are not being addressed by my pdoc properly

My negative symptoms are not being addressed properly.

I myself don’t know why I am like this but I do know that my interest in life is not the same since sz.

2 Likes

D-serine can help with negatives. It’s an NMDA agonist.

2 Likes

I don’t mean that… The thing is he is not acknowledging the fact that I have negative symptoms

1 Like

It’d be good for him to acknowledge them, so that he can find a better med for you that doesn’t worsen negatives.

There is really nothing they can do to treat negative symptoms. My doctor ignores my negative symptoms too.

3 Likes

Negative symptoms cannot be treated even 1%…!!

I started to have blanks and forget some words

Also I express harder sometimes

1 Like

Are these negatives?

1 Like

Yes they are negative symptoms…!!!

1 Like

My past pdocs didn’t took seriously my negatives and cognitives so i changed them. Now i have really nice female doctor and she understand. But she also say there is a little we can do, aside for some ad.

My pdoc doesn’t say anything when I tell him about my negatives either. I guess if there’s nothing he can do, he says nothing.

2 Likes

Yeah my doctor never says anything either

1 Like

I don’t feel like working and maintaining a schedule or daily routine. I just don’t have the motivation for those things… It feels like what is the point of all those things … I just stay at home all the time in my room.

Some people think that I am faking my negative symptoms. I feel guilty.

1 Like

My doctor told me that negative symptoms s are often only helped by therapy if at all.

1 Like

Negative sympyoms can be and are at times treated with amphetamines, modafinil, antidepressants, certain APs…
Amps are so effective i started going to school and started a business on them. Then i had a psychotic break so be careful with the first two I mentioned

What is a psychotic break? Does it occur after being diagnosed by sz? Can it happen due to stress?

Its just when you have symptoms after not having symptoms basically. It can happen due to stress, Which was the case for me.

1 Like

I am afraid of working because I am scared of maintaining a daily schedule. I am afraid of order and being punctual… I just am not cut out for those things any more. Even little things make me stressful.

2 Likes

Thats good you have the insight to know that though. A lot of people with sz start with school, even part time, and slowly condition themselves to get used to people and schedules again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.