My mom has health problems

My 85-year-old mom has always been the picture of health, but that changed about 3 months ago.

First she fell on brick stairs and fractured a vertebrae (L-5). Then she felt discomfort in her breast and had a biopsy, Then 2 weeks ago she fell in my house and fractured her left wrist. So she’s wearing a back brace and has a long cast on her left arm.

She had to see a breast surgeon 2 days ago to get the results of the breast biopsy. She has stage 4 breast cancer in her breast and lymph node. She’s having a PET scan in a few days to see if the cancer has spread to her organs.

I lost my father 30 years ago to cancer, so I’ve unfortunately been down this road before.

Any well-wishes, prayers, words of encouragement will be appreciated.

8 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that @anon17132524 . I hope things take a turn for the better. Fingers crossed they do.

1 Like

@everhopeful

Thanks. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I think she will not pass away from cancer, your mother is very old and in this condition cancer spreads with a very low speed,

Help your mother, you can,

1 Like

@aliali

I think you’re right. I will be there for her every step of the way.

I appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry @anon17132524, sending out good thoughts.

1 Like

@Wave

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Here’s hoping your mother pulls through these issues!

1 Like

Helen,

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. My stepmom had breast cancer, had a mastectomy, chemo, radiation, and she was stage 3. I lost both my Mom and Dad to cancer. It’s never easy. Try to remain strong, and take support when offered. Pm me any time.

Take care, hon. :hugs:

1 Like

I’m sorry @anon17132524. I hope it hasn’t spread to her organs.

2 Likes

@JustTrish

Thanks for the kind words.

Oh, Helen is not my real name. In fact, I’m a man (confusing, I know). But you can call me Helen.

Helen aka Alan lol
How about that? I’m sorry if I offended you. My sincerist apologies. :hugs:

@JustTrish

You didn’t offend me. I made a dumb play-on-words with my username. Sorry about that…

I get it, NOW lol DOH on me
I’m slow sometimes.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about all her troubles,

Sending you both good vibes from California.

1 Like

My best friend lives in Arcata, CA

1 Like

Very cool,

I’m not sure where that is,

I’m in Northern California.

Do you know where… arcata… eureka… trying to think lol

1 Like

It’s in northern. There’s a college there 95521 is the zip code

1 Like

I do know where that is,

Its way north of me.