My little sister is depressed

I could see the signs that she was like me since she was very little like 5 or maybe younger. She always reminded me of myself. Recently I have really begun to worry due to her behavior, a poem she wrote (I also used to express my feelings in poems) and then today my mom got a call from the teacher saying she was making depressed drawings like stick figures talking about being depressed and whatnot which is what I used to do as a kid, express my feelings through doodles.

I feel like I am mourning. I knew she would be the same as me but I didn’t want it to be true. I so badly want to keep my siblings safe but it’s impossible when the danger is in their brains. I try to do the best I can to be supportive and I will talk with her later. Very sad day.

I understand. I am schizoaffective and my brother is bipolar. It is hard to see a sibling dealing with something so difficult. Hopefully your experience can benefit her as you talk with her about her problems.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.