Big problem

My 8 year old has been having command hallucinations of harming herself and says it’s multiple voices and thoughts. I got her an appointment with our pediatric doctor and is going to be evaluated by a child psychologist. I’m so scared that she may have what I have. I’m scared she’ll suffer the way I did for years. She’s my baby and hate that this is happening. :pleading_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

Well, even if she has what you have, at least she has a mother who knows what she’s going through, and that is a big help

12 Likes

I’m sure you can use your experiences to help your daughter navigate the disorder more easily. I have faith in you! All my strength goes out to you.

3 Likes

I started experiencing thoughts of self harm at 7 years old.
While I love my mother dear dearly, and she raised me with everything I need to succeed, I’m certain that with knowledge of the situation, a much more profound foundation for handling such experiences can be laid.
You’re already doing great; you will figure out what to do.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you are both going through this but sounds like she is in loving care with you. I developed early onset schizophrenia and my symptoms were not managed until later. Having your experience will help your child get the early preventive care.

2 Likes

@Ruminate_08 @Pikasaur @PeanutGallery @ZombiePupper thanks everyone! I really needed this. I hope I can help her get through this and help her manage everything safely. Thank y’all so much!!

4 Likes

Just wishing her and you well. It must be frightening for both, but im sure you deal with it in a loving way.

1 Like

Thank you @anon49901817 We are doing everything possible to help her get through this.

2 Likes

I hope she doesn’t have childhood onset of sz. But she’s lucky to have you help her navigate going through everything and learning to cope.

2 Likes

What I’m going to say may sound rude but I certainly don’t mean it that way.

You have a MENSA IQ. You’ll be able to help her. You’re a member of Mensa right?

1 Like

Yes, but that doesn’t mean I can’t ask for emotional support. I am so scared and although I know what to do, I am emotional and sad for her.

1 Like

Tough to see our kids go through hard stuff. Both my daughters were cutters around 12/13 ages. It was a hard time but we all got through it. You can do this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.