My knitting project

I’m making a scarf. Thought I’d share my progress. I’m hoping to get it done by January. It’s going well, but I think I might need more skeins than I bought.

knitting_small

18 Likes

Beautiful work so neat and tidy

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m proud I haven’t dropped a stitch yet (but there’s five more feet to go). :smile:

3 Likes

Your scarf looks ten times better than the many scarfs I knitted. Mine were rough around the edges yours are neat and tidy

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m lucky the SZ doesn’t affect my motor skills.

4 Likes

My scarf is a bit longer. One skein might be able to create over two feet, possibly up to three feet. I haven’t dropped any stiches yet.

8 Likes

Wow! You’re very good. I’m looking forward to the finished product

4 Likes

Absolutely lovely. I also knit and crochet. It’s a very gratifying hobby. I thoroughly enjoy it. I’m always glad to meet others who do too! I’m working on Christmas gifts right now, so lots of kitchen projects (dishcloths and towels and such). Some hats too. @anon70814080

3 Likes

Thank you. The yarn is by ‘Soft’ by Red Heart in Teal (though the photo makes it look navy…it’s really dark turquoise). It’s very silky and nice to work with. Right now, I can only knit simple things, but I’m hoping to knit a hat in the same colour (but I’ll need to get a circular needle, I think). There’s a set of faux-fur pom poms on Amazon.ca that I want to buy for the hat. :smile: Happy knitting!

3 Likes

You’re doing excellent. Has it helped calm or relax you? It’s does with me. I love the color. Wait til you learn hats it’s fun.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s very relaxing, yes. I’m hoping to find a good Youtube video on hats, because I like visual instructions. I can’t read knitting instructions at all. :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I know … I taught myself knitting crochet by videos too. Hugs.

3 Likes

My scarf is closing in on being two feet long—no holes yet, knock on plywood! :slight_smile: I haven’t knitted in a while, so I’ve forgotten just how long it takes to knit something. I must develop more patience!

8 Likes

I’m going to make a hat too. And I’ll buy these pompoms from Amazon.ca (for my hat) if I can scrape up enough money in December.

pompoms

5 Likes

I want those Pom poms

1 Like

Here’s the link (in Canada though…). I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post this kind of thing.

1 Like

So, I dropped a stitch, but was able to fix the hole by unravelling a few rows, and sticking the needle back in (very difficult!).

3 Likes

i love knitting. I am only able to knit socks and scarves though! everything else is too hard for me. and I really need to push myself to make two socks. I lose interest when I get the first one done. I have so many lonely socks!

right now I’m knitting a sock with very small knitting needles. and very colourful yarn. I need colours when I knit. I love the colour of your yarn! your scarf looks really nice and warm.

I am ADHD and I find knitting somehow soothing and relaxing.

3 Likes

Socks are on my list of fun projects to learn.
Knitting is relaxing for sure. I don’t know why I quit for so long. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My scarf is getting even longer!

I haven’t dropped a stitch since that last mistake. There’s still about four more feet to go, so wish me luck that I don’t mess up again. This photo makes the scarf look navy blue, but it’s really dark teal.

scarf_nov30

7 Likes