My first mental health certification

Thrilled. I finished training and passed my final exam for youth mental health first aid. So much of my knowledge came from volunteering here and I passed with 100℅

Certificate is good for 3 years. I can’t counsel, but I can offer an ear, assess a situation to decide if it is a crisis, de-esculate if possible or contact emergency services.
I can coubsel on what type of help to reach out for, but not treatmebts

I’m not a mandatory reporter, so I have some wiggle room to allow a kid to talk about tough subjects.

40 Likes

thats wonderful.

1 Like

man what an achievement…good for you !

1 Like

Very cool and well done to you!

1 Like

Awesome! That is really cool.

1 Like

Well done. That’s great.

1 Like

Congrats @anon4362788 !

1 Like

congrats on your achievement

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Thats a great achievement @anon4362788

1 Like

Thanks all! I’d have replied sooner, but had to drop by work for a cooking class and to help my boss a bit.

5 Likes

you can be the next elyn saks only for children

i get treated like a child lots as well i think lots of people do with mentalillness like bc we are mentally ill we must have a mental age of 2 or something

Congratulations thats huge deal

1 Like

Kick ass!! Congrats Zombie Mom!!

:smiley:

1 Like

This is so wonderful!
Congratulations @anon4362788!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:
@anon4362788

1 Like

Congratulations :confetti_ball: :clap: :bouquet: :partying_face:

1 Like

Nice. Much needed people doing this type of work

Not sure how it is now, but in the early 2000’s there was no one like you I found on my journey as a youth

I hope you can be that bridge for the young people where you are to get help sooner

Best of luck @anon4362788

3 Likes

I was eager to talk when I got sick at seventeen but no one ever talked to the kids in the adolescent ward. I could have avoided a world of pain had I talked early on. When I did have an ear at narcotics Anonymous I was too scared of what people would think to discuss fully my problems. I did not know my problems were things people almost always went through and I doubted them when they said so about the things I was willing to share.

1 Like

You can put it in a frame and put it on your wall.

You can feel free to show the hard work off.

1 Like