Mum offered to help me clean. Should I accept

I am very tidy/clean just to point out.

The past few months I’ve struggled a bit to do a proper clean once a week and I e just been keeping on top of things. Cleaning up after myself. But I do do dusting and vacuuming and laundry.

My mum is a cleaner and has offered to do my kitchen and bathroom once a week to help me out and have a chat and coffee afterwards.

Part of me wants this but part of me wants to be doing it myself because I think I should not let me skill in cleaning drop. However it’s not getting done.

Need a bit of advice. I’ve been lazy I guess. I’m tidy but lazy doing a deep clean and I feel quite ashamed and guilty that my mum has had to even offer.

3 Likes

Let Mum help, good way to visit with each other

5 Likes

I think you should allow her to come over and help.
It’s a good way to become closer.
She’s family after all.

3 Likes

I can’t see that harm in this @Qwerty. She obviously loves you and wants to see you more often. Don’t feel bad, this could be very good for both of you.:grin:

2 Likes

My mum comes over and helps me clean, and it is so helpful! I don’t let her do the hard stuff, and she tells me what to do (I get distracted easily, also overwhelmed and I never know where to start)

It always makes me feel better when my house is clean.

4 Likes

I’m working up to ask my dad to come over to help clean the kitchen.

3 Likes

Thank you all this really helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.