Mobile-Assisted Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia

Summary

This clinical trial will test a combined group therapy plus mobile cognitive behavioral therapy intervention targeting defeatist attitudes in consumers with schizophrenia in order to change motivational negative symptoms linked to defeatist attitudes.
Description

The primary purpose of this project is to test whether a psychosocial intervention, Cognitive Behavioral Social Skills Training (CBSST) combined with a smartphone-based cognitive-behavioral therapy for negative symptoms called, Mobile-assisted Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Negative Symptoms (mCBTn) can reduce defeatist performance attitudes in consumers with schizophrenia spectrum disorders with persistent moderate-to-severe experiential negative symptoms.The project will also identify the optimal dose to engage the defeatist attitude target. Pupillary responses, an objective psychophysiological biomarker of effort, will be recorded during a cognitive task as a secondary outcome to determine its potential as an end point in clinical trials of motivation and effort.
Study Design

Conditions

Schizophrenia
Intervention

Mobile-assisted CBT
Status

Enrolling by invitation
Source

University of California, San Diego
Results (where available)

3 Likes

Oooo0oooo, I want to be a part of this one, but i have too much trouble initiating things on my own.

My therapist kept trying to gear my cbt to negative symptoms, to no avail. Really helped with ocd. A good opponent knows when he is defeated, fight with two hands tied behind ur back.