Miserable for the rest of our lives?

I think I am in a good chapter of my life. I have friends, confidence, a class I’m working on and job hunting to do. My mom is happy all the time and thinks I will not need her one day. I can’t speak for everyone because I have very little negative symptoms. I hope to move toward bigger and better goals like a trip by myself abroad. I’ve learned a lot from day treatment and support group about coping and what I’ll leave you with is that recovery is a process and not everyone reaches the end stage where you feel accepting of yourself and confident and emotionally at peace. However many people get there. Just today two mentally ill men in their 50s talk about how they became best friends and started sharing a nice place in Waikiki and work part time. It is never too late. You are never too old. A good life is very achievable.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be miserable for the rest of my life and overtime things will get better. I try to be thankful for everything I have but it’s very tough to think like that when you are not in a good mood and feeling distracted all the time because of racing thoughts and feeling depressed.

However, I am functioning at a basic level, working a job, I’m not hallucinating, not delusional, grounded in reality, I stay with my parents which I’m lucky to have their love and support, cooked food, a place to stay, I am physically healthy and have the ability to go to the gym, I am doing good financially, and doing alright for myself.

The only thing is the cognitive difficulties, memory problems, racing thoughts, and the negative symptoms and possibly the side effects of the medication.

Just thought I’d share my experience.

1 Like

I have my occasional good mood, its been a few months since the last one, but me and a friend are saving up for an rv or camper van to live in and some gold mining equipment, gonna live on the road a while and see if we can find a decent amount of gold, and even if we dont its going to be an awesone journey anyways

We still have choices. It’s possible to better your life.

Even if it’s something small or seemingly insignificant, things like managing to bathe or clean, should be seen as positives. Make those small victories count and know that it’s possible to get better, even if it takes some time!

I want to be the most richer man on earth in all ways.

A bath just won’t cut it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.