Many common psychiatric disorders share a genetic link, study finds

4 Likes

"They discovered that many psychiatric disorders shared the same genome variants. Schizophrenia in particular overlapped significantly with most of the other psychiatric disorders.

The same was not true for the neurological disorders. The researchers believe this suggests that psychiatric conditions are more closely related, at least genetically, than are neurological disorders, which seem to have more distinct genetic causes."

Thank you for posting @Pikasaur !
To be honest I am pleasantly surprised, I did not expect you to post something interesting.

Hahahahahahaha!! You should reread what you have posted. It could be misinterpreted. Its almost like you are saying that nova couldnt possibly post something interesting. Hahahahahahahahaha!!

2 Likes

This was the most boring post I’ve ever seen @Pikasaur make Just joking

My uncle is mentally ill. My moms brother. I am a woman. Its interesting …i think thats were my sz came from. My uncle does not have sz but he has negative symptoms of sz.

1 Like

He probably has sz simplex…!!! I dont have positive symptoms too…!!! But lots of cognitive and negative symptoms…f**k…

So it’s a spectrum that is linked. Pretty much confirms what most wise pundits have suspected for a while now.

Better genetics will lead to better outcomes!