Schizophrenia.com

Man cave back up and running

Settling into our new home. My wife has been prettying up her office upstairs. I’m in ‘that seventies basement’, but so long as I’ve got enough plugins and a wireless signal, I’m good to go.

All that’s left is to figure out where my plasma and lava lamps got to.

10-96

11 Likes

maybe put a lamp at each table end and in the middle by the doggy bed and printer? Lot of computer stuff there.

Nice.

I have two of that exact table on the left in an ‘L’ shape holding up all my computer stuff. Of course, since I’m a bachelor, mine is in the living… er computer, room. :smile:

2 Likes

Very nice setup. I like how you have the cat bed right there lol:)

1 Like

Yeah that is a pretty cool set up, my brother just moved into a new house, and he made sure it included a ‘man cave’ - a place where him and his son could hang out in

Looks great… It’s nice to have a corner that it all yours. I too like the cat bed, right in the center… a fit place for the cat.

The other side of the wall from my office will be our family room. It has a lovely orange/red patterned carpet and even uglier walls. The big LED TV goes there. It is powered by a spare Dell and will be our podcasting suite and media area, too. The kid’s digital piano and amps are going there as well as some of my DJ biz shiz. We are missing a few tables and a bit of shelving to set that up for another couple of weeks. Also… There are BOXES EVERYWHERE. Gah!

I’m a nerd so I tend to do nerd things with my kid.

10-96

1 Like

That’s a great set-up you have there pixel. I guess you’re going to need to take the boxes to recycle. Have a gooding time nerding with your kid. Peace out.

I’m pulling that stunt in the family room. Not allowed in the ‘formal’ living room. Actually just happy to be able to ‘spread out’ a bit. Haven’t had the space to for nigh on a decade. The system to the left is running Linux Mint 16, BTW. Installed Docky and OSX themes to give it an Apple style.

10-96

1 Like

I admire your amazing use of 100% of the space on your 2nd shelf. Though doesn’t the sub rattle everything up there?

I have about 20% of a spare bedroom for my use. The wife gets the other 80% for ‘crafting’ (out of control spending of money on completely useless crap like $5 sheets of scrapbook paper). Also, why so many monitors? I tried the multi-monitor setup a few years ago and couldn’t really manage it. In fact, now everything is based around my laptop, just plug into an HDMI, keyboard/mouse, speakers and it completely replaced my desktop.

Nah, I keep the volume down. Don’t need any more hearing damage than I already have.

I don’t understand the female fixation with scrapbooking or making cards. Most of it looks to me like crap that needs to be tossed.

I do some freelance writing, albeit not so much as of late since the U.S. economy has gone into freefall. The left hand monitor is my word processor window and the right is for looking up reference material. Not having to toggle windows back and forth saves time and keeps me from losing my train of thought.

I can’t use a laptop for everything yet as they just aren’t powerful enough or upgradable enough for my needs at present. I’m doing a lot of work with video.

10-96

1 Like

Oh, forgot to mention… The dual monitor system at left is my old Photoshop system (circa 2006). It was a very powerful DuoCore back in the day. Now it’s good enough for Web surfing and word processing. It’s what I use for writing, etc. The right hand system is my multimedia workstation for rendering video and doing Photoshop work. The Chromebook on the desk is a floater system that gets carried around the home with me in the manner most carry a notepad.

10-96

1 Like

Wow…thats nice. I like that 70s look. Great decade

1 Like

are you sure you are not a secret agent… !!
take care

1 Like

More like an inflammatory agent! :stuck_out_tongue:

10-96

1 Like