Man Boobs Caused by Medicine?

I’m on risperidal and I feel like it caused me to have man boobs. I lost a lot of fat and my chest still looks bad. Has Risperidal Caused this for any of you? Or any medicine?

4 Likes

It is said that rispredal can cause man boob…

@LionDen how much rispredal do u take… i take less then 2mg…!!!

3 Likes

I’m on Risperdal and I’m about 40 lbs overweight. I slightly have man boobs. Doesn’t seem that bad. Just from the extra weight. I’ve lost a ton of weight before noticed that the man boobs went away when I was 10 lbs overweight and lifted a ton of weights with a ton of push ups.

2 Likes

There is a class action lawsuit in the US for that. You should look into it if you live in the US. Could get some money

4 Likes

I was on risperdal oral pills and the risperdal consta. Never had that problem.

Now I’m on invega sustenna depot. Still no problem.

The best thing you can do is get your weight down. There is a good chance it’s not true gyno aka man boobs.

Some men genetically store more fat in their chest than others. This problem is almost always resolved by keeping weight down. When I say ‘down’ , I mean down.

Summary: keep weight at an absolute minimum and you should be fine.

There is a chance you got the real deal, and to that I say I’m sorry. File a lawsuit

3 Likes

Forgot you said you ‘lost a lot of fat’.

There is a good chance you didn’t lose enough. You really have to cut fat all the way down to solve the problem.

1 Like

The man boobs could be due to excess prolactin causing Gynecomastia.

4 Likes

Yes it can cause that, i have gyno from it.

1 Like

i’ve heard of the man boobs side-effects too

1 Like

Risperidone is infamous for causing gynecomastia which is man boobs. This is because it elevates prolactin levels. There have been lawsuits about it. Makes men grow boobs, makes women lactate. For any girls on this, if you start lactating, consider switching meds because this means you are now at significant risk for developing breast cancer. That’s what my old prescriber told me.

1 Like

How long were you on it until you noticed you have man-boobs?

1 Like

Yeah its the Risperdal son,

Beleive me i know, and hate that drug because it ■■■■■ up my appearance, not just weight wise, but skin wise, and hair wise as well

Get OFF It Son

2 Likes

I agree: if you are getting bad side-effects, alternative medications might be available.

1 Like

Now i recommend You try Chlorella Look it up if you dont know about it

That ■■■■ is Fire, my body leaned out real quick, more athletic :soccer:, stronger muscle groups from minimal workouts like just try its like a natural testoserone booster

For me anways

1 Like

There is supplements to combat gyno. The ones the bodybuilders use post cycle

@Anna Hyperprolactinemia is awful! It also causes missed periods and increases the risk of early onset osteoporosis.

1 Like

about a year or so

3 Likes