Lost My Grandmother Today

My maternal grandmother died today at a nursing home. She was 102. I feel a range of emotions. She abused me as a kid (physically). I have a strained relationship with my uncle, who without even trying to be discreet about it, did not invite me to the funeral. In a way I’m kind of relieved because her death signifies the closing of an ugly chapter of my life. I hope that doesn’t sound awful. Today has been a roller-coaster of a day. I’m glad I’m not symptomatic. Today is not a good day to have to deal with the schizophrenia BS. Trying to focus on football as a distraction.

4 Likes

sorry for your loss alien99. and sorry for the abuse…I hope you find peace with the passing of your grandmother.

1 Like

Sometimes there is nothing worse then when someone dies that you have unresolved issues with. I hope you can come to peace with it all soon.

1 Like

i am so sorry for what you are going through…death is never easy under the best cercumstance,i am sorry for the memories of abuse,i hope with time that chapter can now close…sending you hugs to help you feel.better…

2 Likes

Its tough Greg - sorry for the physical abuse/ sorry for the loss

1 Like

I’m sorry for your past and your loss.
Focusing on football is probably best. It took me a while to get the feeling of grief out of my system.

2 Likes

i am sorry she was abusive/nasty to you…you did not deserve that as a kid.
take care

1 Like

Also sorry to hear what you had to endure as a kid. Life is tough enough, family shouldn’t be the ones that hurt you.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your grieving and the abuse you suffered.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say sorry you have to go through this. I bet it’s hard to sort this one…

Hope you feel better and that this mix of emotions passes.

1 Like

There is nothing easy about grief at the best of times. Because someone has hurt us I don’t think it makes their death any easier to bare. I don’t think it sounds awful at all to be relieved that a bad chapter in your life has been closed. My condolences.

2 Likes