Looking to lower invega to 3 mg

I’ve been on 6 mg invega for over 2 years and now my auditory hallucinations are all but gone. Im thinking of asking my dr to lower to 3 mg. Im hoping to get some relief from the fatigue too.

Anyone think this a good / bad idea? What are my risks?

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with trying a lower dose and seeing if it works. I’d love to do it with my AP, but I still have some symptoms left.
If symptoms come back you might need to increase again though.

1 Like

Good for you @Moonwalker I wish I had a lower dose too but I’m on 9mg

1 Like

Is there any risk that lowering it will cause me to have to take more in the future?

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it…as I say. I always end up worse after lowering my meds. Are your symptoms bad?

1 Like

Before invega my symptoms were unbearable, a nightmare. Voices 24/7

1 Like

Invega is probably next for me.

1 Like

I think you should consult with your doctor and see what they think.

2 Likes

I wonder if I should change from invega trinza to the pills, I’m not sure. Anyway invega seems to be the drug for me as well. The lowest workable dose is usually the best way.

1 Like

U can always take a chance @Moonwalker very good morning to u …!!!

1 Like

I’m glad it’s working. It’s working here too.

See what doctor thinks ? I understand “less is more” mindset. Being on least amount of meds and functioning is important. I get that. If you could do just as well on 3mg of Invega then that would be wonderful.

Can you bring it down slowly to 3mg. Ask your doctor this. Likely then it will be successful ?

Wish you all the luck with this.

It’s starting to work out fairly ok for me. Quite good actually.

After each relapse I ended up on more qutiapine.

But my doctor told me when you lower things slowly you can see how you are doing.

Why should you lower your dose, when there no side effects. Invega 6 has become your therapeutic dose. Even if your symptoms are all gone you be on that same dose some more time. Slowly after 1year or six months you can reduce the dose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.