Living separately from family has become a reality

So it has happened. I now live separately, but definitely not far, from my ex-spouse and my son. Any encouragement is greatly welcomed and I hope for the best for everyone on this forum in their own lives. I would love to hear from you too, @darksith!

Cheers.

5 Likes

I have never been in a situation as hard as that, but if you keep your head up and keep trying your best, good things will be attracted to you. How often will you see your son? I’m sure that will always make your day better.

1 Like

yeah its good that you are near your son and can see him, it would be awful if he grew up without his dad, enjoy your new surroundings, sounds like a massive upheaval so it may take a long time to get use to things, so just try to adjust and get a routine going, hope all the best for you, take care.

1 Like

I’m sure you can get back together with them. Remember, you can always get support here.

1 Like

I’m sorry this happened to you…

with some time… help and healing… I hope you and your ex can patch things up for a good friendship. I glad you still get to see your son.

I’m wishing the best for you

1 Like

Stretcher.com, TheSimpleDollar.com and Wisebread.com are good blogs. Can keep you doing okay financially without seeing it as a chore.
Totally great read “Your Money or YOur Life” by Joe Dominguez. He was revolutionary!

Thank you, everyone, very much. I am coming out of the depression from what went down and working on improving myself. In fact, I am taking courses online in mental health to obtain a job in mental health peer support. I WILL make a difference in peoples lives suffering with sz as we do.

My ex is healing too. She is a wonderful mother and she plans on starting a career in human services this year.

My son is happy as can be!

The family, while we are separate, is mending and staying strong. Peace, love and understanding. Always.

I wish all the best to all of you. Schizophrenia doesn’t have to defeat us, as long as we try our best and support one another the best we can.

Cheers!

2 Likes