LGBTQ+ Thread

This is disgusting.

3 Likes

On a happier note, my niece told me happy pride month yesterday, it was really sweet

5 Likes

I am probably a little bisexual.mostly straight but definitely sexual attraction to some women.not often but has happened.

I definitely support lgbtq + community.
I also support sex workers rights and women rights and animal rights.

I definitely love a lot of gay people and other lgbtq +.

3 Likes

You can ignore this thread @Doesitmakesense

Look the other way.

Sorry, members. I took care of the issue.

2 Likes

If I was an airline, my motto would be ā€œwhy drive through Texas when you can fly over it?ā€

3 Likes

Be safe if you are going to pride.

This would be my first pride in a decade. And I might just stay and wait in the hotel. Iā€™m discussing with my spouse and therapist and psychiatrist. I donā€™t feel like I can participate.

Sorry guys - this is in my city, my county, my state i live in.

So I canā€™t have Fly a flag in my home, bumper sticker and now they ban all Flag on government property public parks.

The message to me is loud and clear. We are a problem.

When should we not over react?

Why does our existence offend people so much.

3 Likes

ā€œFor a city that prides itself on exercising its rights, itā€™s abhorrently inexcusable to infringe upon the First Amendment rights of the LGBTQ tax-payers; theyā€™re sending us a clear message of hate and shamelessly putting young, queer lives at stake. Huntington Beachā€™s officials are taking a cue from the political playbooks of extremist politicians across the countryā€”using their hatred of queer and trans people as launching pads for their careers.ā€

2 Likes

I canā€™t answer that and stay within the forum rules.

I want you to know that thereā€™s many that see you. That care about you. Iā€™m bi, so I canā€™t call myself an ally, but I have many cishet friends that are.

They hear us. They see us. Thereā€™s just too many loud asshats out there right now being pandered to.

5 Likes

Thank you @anon4362788

Itā€™s my fault Iā€™m feeling so alone, and only socialize on this forum. And Iā€™m glad you made a safe space thread for us. It really helps me personally.

And I trust you because you are out there so when you say, that they hear us, see us. That comforts me. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hey, anytime my friend.

I am not quiet. I can promise you that I act very similar offline. I do not suffer fools lightly.

Last year, even before I began to get myself back from the sza haze, I had to face down a woman that had a problem with our library flying that new inclusive pride flag.

Needless to say, the flag stayed.

4 Likes

I wanted to pound the :heart: button repeatedly

2 Likes

I covered the library name to stay anon. This was our profile pic for a while.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry @Kxev . I hope you find some support in your town somehow, even if itā€™s over zoom or something.

2 Likes

@Kxev , here is an lgbtqa support center that offers counseling, including group therapy, where you can meet others and get support in Orange County.

3 Likes

Back in the 1974 when I was 15 years old and started high school, homosexuality was removed from DSM as a mental illness and replaced with a diagnostic code of being distressed about oneā€™s sexual orientation. I attempted suicide and ended up in the hospital psych ward back then. My mom was friends with a gay man her age that I knew when I was 13 years old. He told me he knew two men who were put in the State Hospital for being homosexual and having what later because known as Conversion Therapy on them. Because of this I didnā€™t tell them in the psych ward I attempted suicide because other students were harassing for being gay and calling me the F word. I didnā€™t say anything to the school counselor about it either because they would have to tell my parents. I imagine the hospital people would have had to do that as well if I had told them. After I turned 18 and started college I did get some pretty good therapy at the college for free.

1 Like

This should be seen by all ā€œalliesā€

8 Likes

Iā€™m probably less than one percent sexually attracted to women but it has happened.

The woman I was sexually attracted to is a gay woman that dresses in menā€™s clothing and wears menā€™s perfume and no makeup and short hair.
She is so gorgeous to me.
She is the only woman Iā€™ve been so sexually attracted to with out touch or anything just her presence.
She is married so out of respect for her wife i donā€™t look at her really anymore n keep respectful but polite distance.
Her and her family own a horse ranch and if she was single i would be gay with her any day.
Yeah I would be her wife/girlfriend if she was single I reckon.
Because sheā€™s married i will keep a distance out of respect for them and their marriage because I do like her wife too as such but Iā€™m not attracted to her wife like that .

I just havenā€™t met many gay women and maybe Iā€™m picky with women romantically since Iā€™ve not really had chemistry as such with others.

1 Like

I always have been bisexual, pansexual or whatever,
But I only had relationships with men.
I support LGBTQ+, and I understand and know when family do not support, when youre gay, bi or smth

In short, sexually I can be attracted to anyone,
But the biggest loves and most of the time unhappy ones were directed to men :smiley:

3 Likes