LGBTQ+ Thread

No. We just have a lease. But my spouse is always in communication with the landlord. He really wants to put a flag up. I’m a little afraid. He suggested we put it in the window as a way to put it up. I will have to ask him what we should do about getting a copy of those docs. Thanks @Moonbeam

4 Likes

I’m sorry for the link that was flagged. It was affirming but of a religious nature. Sorry. I’m going to delete it

I live in the hood and definitely don’t feel comfortable flying any lgbt flag unfortunately

3 Likes

I feep bad for you guys. I live in the most conservative area of my state, but we have a big LGBTQ population for a little rural county. My little town especially I know of 3 trans folk (2 are teens and open), a set of identical gay twins that are, in their words “flaming”.

Our library just got in 4 brand new books on trans content because a mother came in and asked for books about boys in dresses.

No one treats these kids and adults like less or at least I haven’t seen ot or heard malicious talk.

6 Likes

It’s not something you’ll always be able to see from the outside, I don’t think I’ve get people were necessarily talking maliciously about me, but with my family I get constant invalidation and grew up hearing my parent make fun of “queers”, but on the outside they would not admit this and you only see it behind closed doors. In my current neighborhood I don’t know if anyone is talking rudely about me, but I know they ask my neighbor if I’m a boy or girl, and that makes me feel a bit unsafe, I’d rather be left alone. I also have that dude down the street that sexually harasses me when he sees me because he thinks I’m a trans woman (I’m not, I’m NB but assigned female ).

The MOST hate I feel is online, which is where all the bad opinions come out for air.

3 Likes

I know I can’t always see it from the outside, but what I mean is people respect what these kids have decided fit them best by not using deadnames and using correct pronouns to and about them. It is possible to have respectful people in a community.

4 Likes

@Froge

The hate is spreading so fast. It feels like the country is turning on us state by state, community by community. The attacks on allies that support us now make me feel like we are a liability. It’s impossible to be online without feeling the hate.

I went about 2 months near complete offline for my mental health. And I feel survival instincts about staying in the know on all the laws, book banning, hearing how the rainbow is banned everywhere , stores carrying LGBTQ merchandise are being attacked in our name calling it grooming. All this is hurting me mentally, making me question if being LGBTQ is bad.

How is it fair that the internet is not safe for me when its also a lifeline to the outside world for me.

There is no good way to exist. I don’t know. I need to consult my therapist.

6 Likes

I sadly can understand all of that to my core :disappointed: I also live alone and most of the time the internet is my only form of socialization and distraction, but it seems more and more every safe space gets corrupted.

4 Likes

Same. I really appreciate having this safe space to express this. And keep it from bottling up. And messing with my mind.

5 Likes

That is normal here, except in the most conservative churches. When some politician tried to introduce ultraconservative American attitudes towards LBGTQ+ people here…a whole lot of churches quietly protested by putting a rainbow flag on top of their building. And publicly spoke out as well.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Honestly, in the 90s this was the only option for LGBTQ+ kids. I moved to Los Angeles and San Francisco where tons of other LGBTQ kids migrated to.

We would rent a house and split rent among 5 people.

3 Likes

We really are in scary times. I’m so saddened that people literally have to move out of their state for basic freedoms. So sad.

4 Likes

This happened in the 90s - and we made progress to make LGBTQ people accepted and feel safer where they are from throughout the decades. But now it’s unsafe again. This time it’s spreading faster online.

In the 90s gay bashing was normal news. It feels worse this time around.

4 Likes

I think it feels worse because there was finally some acceptance going on and now there’s this huge backlash, whereas before it was assumed it wouldn’t be accepted

5 Likes

I can’t wait or this. I never knew we had LGBTQ characters in-game.

1 Like

I think I’ve been sexually attracted to like two women or so in my life.

One woman I felt sexual chemistry with.she dressed in men’s clothes and wore men’s perfume n short hair and no makeup.
I got sexually aroused by looking at her and being in her presence but when I found out she is married I decided to not look at her in such a way out of respect to her partner so i never get turned on or chemistry with her anymore.
Now when I look at her there’s nolonger the spark as such.

I’m mainly interested in men but some women could possibly attract me but not many.

I was attracted to a more feminine woman once too.

2 Likes

Possibly more than two but only attraction not sexual attraction.
Only two sexual attraction.

Made this for a gift for someone.

50 rhinestones on this by hand.

8 Likes

Any youth (13-17) currently receiving such care must be weaned off of their treatment – essentially forcing them to detransition.

The law is set to take effect on September 1st.

1 Like