Just learning about my illness . HELP!

I really need anyone who has the time to tell me what it was like when you first noticed the voices in your head weren’t yours . I am an realist and an overly independent woman , realizing something is out of my control is killing me . I need some verification that im not the only one .

1 Like

Hey! You’re not alone, lot’s of us hear voices here. I have visuals, used to see demons. Thanks to the medication haven’t seen anything like that for a year now. Have you seen a psychiatrist?

thank you :smile: . No i think im in the middle of an episode because i know i need help but i have been fighting this unknowingly and im so drained . i just want to crawl in an ball and let it take me over . I have 2 voices that i have named "left " and “right” . left is so critical and he wants to take over it feels like , so when i do get any modivation its shot down . Im also in the middle of an physical diagnostic so thats another reason why my energy is too low to start the process .

You should see someone about that, there’s plenty of therapies that can help you findind coping mechanisms to deal with it. You shouldn’t be dealing with that alone.
It’s always horrible to know that someone is suffering like that, how long have you had this voices?

I think they have always been with me but they have become more prominent since may of this year . How did you first learn about it , or how could you tell something was off ?

Actually, I was too psychotic too tell I had something wrong with me. I just thought I could see what others couldn’t. It’s called anosognosia, I coulnd’t tell I was ill so I had to be hospitalized. By that time I believed I was God and that people were trying to kill me. I saw also light figures, like aliens and animal spirits. I was pretty out of it.

You should see a psychiatrist, seriously.

I know . may i ask how
old you were when you got diagnosed ?

I was 27, it was only a year ago. The onset of the illness was much earlier, while I was a child. I didn’t talk about it, so my family never knew I needed help.

Well im glad that you were able to get better so you could offer direction to people like me . Thank you :smile:

1 Like

I do hope you’ll get some help, in the meanwhile we are all here, just vent away.

1 Like

Hello 4097london … ,

I Hear Voyses 24/7 … ,

Pretty Much As I Am Alone … ,

I Keep Myself Busy and Music Has Been A Sorta Escape From Feeling Lyke I Have No Way Of Getting Any Way Of Sylence and Self Reflection … ,

Voices are Nothing To Be Afraid Of But It Can get Annoying After A-while … ,

Medicine May OR May Naught Sylence Them … ,

(im rambling and I apologize) … ,

But I Don’t Think Of Tha Voices To Be Instinctual … ,

I Lean On and Within A Sense Of Spirituality and That Calms Me Peacefully To Keep Out Of Nonsense … ,

Point Is … ,

a Doctor and Therapist Can Lead You Quickly To Shake Off Your Fear … ,

Yep Yep (!!!)

My voices used to be my friends , like i was cool with them . it seems now that im trying to be stable and shake off the gypsy life they have turned against me . I definitely know therapy is needed again ; [ I wish i wasn’t so dang prideful lol

I Once Started A Thread Trying To Have Each Of Us Allow Our Voyses To Communicate With Each Other … , I Thot It Would Be A Great Way To Analyse A Sense Of Reasoning … ,

No One Was Interested … ,

N E Hoo … ,

Gypsies Are Cool … ,

Don’t Stray Too Far From Who You Are Inside Or Once Was / Is / Used To Be …

Love Thus band …

I first noticed codes and signs in my life that seemed directed toward me and I was forced to figure them out. Didn’t hear voices til later. Got on med from uncontrollable angry rant then it went away with pills I’ve stayed on them for the most part. Welcome hope you see a doctor.

honestly that sounds cool , because i can tell that ‘left’ (the name of one of my voices) is being stubborn and is upset because im trying to quiet him . if you start it up let me know ! Not straying is great advice and prob the hardest :smile:

codes and signs ? like everything happens for an reason ?

It’s all directed towards love that I’m to consummate. But now it’s just I don’t want to be hated by the media.

naw you are not the only one. we are the same. it will be allright just start noticing how many times you here them and what they are saying. and write it all down. and make a appt to see your doctor. i have had this for 7 years or so. i will try to help you as long as you need and answer what you need to have answerd. allright

Control obsession tends to cause anxiety. Anxiety tends to cause neural inflammation. And if a person has the “right” combination of genes (e.g.: one for cyctokine loading or other imbalanced histology), that neural inflammation will trigger sz.

1. Get a copy of this book and read it. Have your family read it, too.
    http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Schizophrenia-6th-Edition-Family/dp/0062268856

2. If youe need a professional intervention, tell me where you live, and I will get back to you with leads to those services.

3. Get properly diagnosed by a board-certified psychopharmacologist who specializes in the psychotic disorders. One can find them at…
    Find Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurses - Psychology Today

4. Work with that p-doc to develop a medication formula that stabilizes your symptoms sufficiently so that you can tackle to the psychotherapy that will disentangle your thinking. The best of the therapies for that currently include…

DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

1. the even newer somatic psychotherapies like…

MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

1. or standard CBTs, like…

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/