I've quit smoking but im drinking more!

2 drinks a night, 4 times a week. more than my usual 4 drinks a month. i’ve been telling myself i’ll cut back to normal when i have no urges to smoke. actually the whole drinking thing started when i bought a box of wine for the 4th of july. i thought having a few drinks would relax me while loud fireworks were being set off. and now im drinking more frequently. i think in the future i won’t drink at all except on rare occasions, and i would also like to cut out the caffeine, i guess it’s just one thing at a time for now. i have no urge to drink today anyhow.

1 Like

What are you drinking? 2 glasses of wine a day is beneficial to our health.

1 Like

i am mostly drinking wine and the occasional beer. i don’t drink liqour however my desire to reach for a drink to take the edge off has definitely increased since quitting cigarettes. and on days i don’t drink, i drink 4 or 5 cups of coffee. im also drinking a gallon of water everyday which seems to help, the always consuming something, to help occupy myself. and stay hydrated.

im trying to quit smoking.its bloody impossible.its worse than heroine.hahah

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with drinking responsibly. I think drinking occassionally makes me relax more.

I think the upper limit recommendation is 14 units per week for men as far as health is concerned. So 8 units is well within that limit. But if you are uncofmortable with it, then drink less I guess.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a drop of alcohol since 2003 and I haven’t had a cigarette since 2008, nor do I smoke weed anymore. I quit it all and I don’t miss it (anymore).

2 Likes

I started smoking again when I was drinking. I’ll get back on the wagon once I’m out. As far as drinking I occasionally indulge:

1 Like

I can’t drink, I’m an idiot with alcohol. I don’t know how to pace myself or when to stop. I always get sick.

2 Likes

In all honesty that dont sound alot compared to what i used to neck. But its good that you recognise early on that it could be a potential problem.

Im not sure - but you might just be craving the sugar. Im always stocked up on bowls of boiled sweets.

1 Like

so after 100 days without a smoke, i will give up the wine. and after 100 more days without a smoke and without wine, i will give up the caffeine haha. one at a time.

i am on day 16 of no smoking.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.