Is zoloft sedating

been on it 3 and a half weeks. the past week i want to lay down all the time. maybe other things contribute to this but its kinda odd as before starting ive thought of ssris as something thatd increase activity

I just started 3 days ago at 50mg im finding it sedating, its more difficult to get up in morning too

1 Like

It made me go manic

1 Like

Not on it anymore - but was on 200mg for 20 years, and i didnt feel a damn thing, let alone being tired.

I didnt like the metallic taste it gave my food tho. Strange drug - but did sod all for me.

Hope it works out for you tho.

1 Like

I don’t find it sedating. Doesn’t help negative symptoms though

1 Like

It makes me tired after taking, so I take it before sleep.

1 Like

I think it honestly depends on the person

The first few days on Zoloft it made me very tired I took it to sleep. But after adjusting to it, now I took it in the morning, I think it’s sedating overall for me. But with tolerance more neutral. Same is all said for abilify For me :neutral_face:

1 Like

hows the zoloft treating you? What do you take it for? I got prescribe for ocd and ptsd. Im on day 6 i think. Are you benefiting from it?

1 Like

it helps. i take it for depression. its not magical or anything but its kind of pulled me up a bit from the depression. i still get alot of intrusive thoughts and have some bad days but the lows are not as bad now. im on the lowest dose and dont want to really increase

1 Like

It helps me a lot !
I tried many différents molecules…
I helps me a lot for obsessive thoughts, anxiety, depression etc.
It’s more sedative than prozac that said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.